You can type here any text you want

87 GN Vs 2000 GTP Grand-prix

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BOP4ever

Had a little fun with a friend in his I think 2000 GTP with pulley and K&N plus maybe exhaust... from a 50 mph roll.. The GN walked him pretty hard.:cool:
First official kill for my new baby. He ran some low to mid 14's at the track this summer so my hopes for mid 13's may be possiable... I am encouraged, the car seems to get stronger the more it is driven.

Later I was following a 2001 Firehawk and when he punched it to race another firnds GTO we seemed about even. Those are mid 13 second cars I think.

Thats not fair. Why you picking on those GP's?..... Acutually I own both an 87 GN and a 2000 GTP. Had to get the GN cause after about mid 12's its hard to get any sort of traction with a FWD car. But I did turn a few heads in LACR when my little V6 midsize sedan was spaking newier Vette's in the 1/4!

YouTube - My 2000 Pontiac GTP Running 12's @ LACR

I think my license plate gives it away though:biggrin:

Good run on that GTP. I have an 02 GS with just a 3.5 pulley, 3" DP, K&N panel Filter runs 14.30 at 93 mph. I would like to get it into the mid 13's.:D
What's your combo?

Mods are all in the signature.
I am running pump gas and about 14-15 psi boost.
Car has been runnin good with the cooler air, makes me wonder if it needs a better intercooler to make it run like this when it is warmer ?

cool, i have a 98 GS with cam, heads, pulley, etc... i haven't had a chance to race it with that combo, but it should give my t-type a good run for its money until i get that torque converter and can actually launch the T on boost! then once i get a chance to install my powerstroke IC and get alky on that beast, i don't think the GS stands a chance. oh well, mid/low 13s or so is good enough for a nice, comfy DD.

i also started with the GS, and ended up getting the t-type because of the limitations of FWD.

Back