You can type here any text you want

88 conquest conversion

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

quick88tsi

First off, hello to everyone. I have a 1988 Chrysler Conquest and I want to swap a GN engine into it. I know very little about these motors other than what I've been reading on here the past few days, and that they have a great reputation for going fast. I've searched some already but I have a few questions that I'm sure you guys could answer really quickly...
1. what is the weight (roughly) of the engine with the manifolds turbo and all?
2. is thier a 6speed MT that I can bolt to it.
3. A few dimensions, width length and height, with exhaust..

I'm toying around with a few ideas for engines, and I'm really leaning towards this one. Thanks in advance for any info.

You might be able to find some of the specs on this in the tech library at gnttype.org. Weight wise it checks in somewhere around 400-450 lbs fully dressed (best guess) I can tell you this much: I saw aTSi a few years ago that had a Chrysler 340 wedged in it, so if that will fit I know a V-6 will.

Really neat potential project; I always loved the lines of the Conquest.

I'd suggest sending PM to Mike Savinio (Orlando_87GN) over at turbobuicks.com-- he's done a ton of swaps like this and is very methodical. My strong suspicion is that he'd have all of the data handy for you.

They have a hybrid forum there as well.

If you are wanting a 6 speed as a requirement.... the best bet would be to go ls1 (all alum V8) or a 5.3 (lsx style with iron block/alum heads) truck motor and bolt up the factory LS1 T56.

You can event clone this guys build:
LS1 Conquest Pics - LS1TECH

A heads/cam LS1 with headers will make an easy 400rwhp+ on 91 octane. With high dollar heads/FAST90 intake, and big cam you can push 480rwhp+ on 91 octane n/a. With a turbo setup the sky is the limit really.

Stock LSx pistons beyond 550rwhp are on borrowed time and typically the ring lands fail after a while meaning.... rebuild time with forged rods/pistons. Stock cranks/blocks are surviving past the 1000rwhp mark.

The baddest quest, But very old.

Attachments

• DCP_0246.jpg
    DCP_0246.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 522
  • DCP_0242.jpg
    DCP_0242.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 526
  • DCP_0256.jpg
    DCP_0256.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 407
The baddest quest, But very old.

I've seen this quest a few times, its absolutly crazy.. I'm not trying to build a full tube car though.. I'm going for a reliable street/track (road race, drift) car, that if I choose to can lay down a 11-12 sec run. I know most guys on here drag, but I really enjoy the corners.

I'm still in the process of tearing donw my old motor, which I might still use due to the money that I have in it(JE's .40 over...etc.) But like some of you might know the fuel system is junk, so I will need to go MPI and a stand alone ECU. Thank you all for the info, I will post some pics of my car as soon as I can.

yeah I've seen it, its cool, but they want around $35k for that set up...with out the car..... nah ..I just can't see that much $$$ in fab work.

Back