You can type here any text you want

A/c Problem!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
Iv'e got no air blowing out of my center a/c vents. the a/c hasn't worked since iv'e got the car cause the low preasure switch leaked. once we got that fixed and charged it blew out fine from the vents for two days now nothing, also the cruise control worked and now it don't. :confused: iv'e got the dash tore apart and checked all the colored vacume lines and there connections still nothing. where does the MAIN sorce of vacume come from? at this point I don't think it's electrical no fuses are blowen or nothin. does anyone know what could be causing this??? help would be greatly appreciated

Cruise control problem could be the vaccum or brake electrical switches, there's two of them on the pedal.

If they get loose and move back in the bracket the cruise cuts off as if you pressed the brake pedal.

The switch should be pressed up against the pedal normally.

Look for the fat vacuum hose one.

The source of vacuum for both is a check valve that is on the firewall right behind the driver side valve cover. Check for that for vacuum and go from there.

salvageV6 said:
Cruise control problem could be the vaccum or brake electrical switches, there's two of them on the pedal.

If they get loose and move back in the bracket the cruise cuts off as if you pressed the brake pedal.

The switch should be pressed up against the pedal normally.

Look for the fat vacuum hose one.
It was out alittle I pushed it in and it made a click so it wasn't all the way to the peddel. when I get the a/c fiqiured out then i'll test drive it. thank you!!

scottyb said:
The source of vacuum for both is a check valve that is on the firewall right behind the driver side valve cover. Check for that for vacuum and go from there.
Is it the check valve that has two outlets on the top? and if this is it should I have vacume to it when a line is pulled off? ( it don't ) and I turned the other check valve ( close to the fuel pres. reg.) around and the car died!! :confused: :confused:

scot w. said:
Is it the check valve that has two outlets on the top? and if this is it should I have vacume to it when a line is pulled off? ( it don't ) and I turned the other check valve ( close to the fuel pres. reg.) around and the car died!! :confused: :confused:

You're on to something.

Why did you turn it around? Was it installed backward? Both of those check valves should have vacuum.

Ttt

scotty, yes it was backwards for a good 3mo. :o I turned the car off and was on the phone with someone and they said the vacume line needs suction going towards the vacume block. it was the other way around. it was like it was blocked off. now with it the right way I stared the car and turned the air on and still nothing.

well go back the other way. Does the check valve on the forewall now have vacuum? If so, move on into the car - there is a connector behind the glove box door.

Wait. First check that you have a good connection and vacuum at the heater control valve over the passenger side valve cover, If this is loose, it will be a vac leak big enough to keep the old tired vent actuators from moving (trust me on this one) ;)

Drop the glove box door and unhook the connector. One of those vac lines is routed to the source under the hood (check valve), I think it is purple.

go from there.

scottyb said:
well go back the other way. Does the check valve on the forewall now have vacuum? If so, move on into the car - there is a connector behind the glove box door.

Wait. First check that you have a good connection and vacuum at the heater control valve over the passenger side valve cover, If this is loose, it will be a vac leak big enough to keep the old tired vent actuators from moving (trust me on this one) ;)

Drop the glove box door and unhook the connector. One of those vac lines is routed to the source under the hood (check valve), I think it is purple.

go from there.
Thank you, I'll go try to narrow it down, if I have to i'm going to tee into the vac. line and run a long line and start to unhook the colored lines one at a time and hook this line to it and see if it will work. I just want the a/c to blow out the vents cause i'll never drive it in winter anyway or really cold weather.

I wouldn't do that. The colored lines are pretty durable and that whole deal is like an assembly. The clear connector disconnects pretty easy and I think the lines are bonded to it. You just need to make sure you have vacuum going to the control head. The "vac switch" on the control head is a common issue because of age and cracking - can be bought at a dealer for ~20 clams. Just take a step by step approach and you'll find your leak.

Ttt

Scotty!!! FIXED, FIXED, FIXED. I had the damn box behind the glove box out to look at all the lines and I had the power to it disconected DUH!! when I put it back in and hooked it up I turned the a/c back on and at first it didn't blow out the vents but then I turned the temp up and down then it SLAMED and here came the air now when I turn it on and off it works fine. i'm shure it all had to do with that check valve being in backwards. do you think I should go ahead and replace the EGR sensor?? :biggrin: all iv'e got to say is: I'M SOO HAPPY TO OWN ONE OF THESE ELECTRONIC AND VACUME NIGHTMARES!!!

Sweet! It's 95 degrees today and heat index > 103. For me a good working AC and cooling system takes priority over ALL. :cool:

Ttt

You bet!! just took it out and it's working great!!! thanks guy's

Back