You can type here any text you want

A different black turbo car....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dhauser

The end is fear
You guys know the quality of cars I have, and this one is no exception....

1980 Firebird Turbo Formula, one of only 1245 produced. 65k original miles, 301 V8 turbo, automatic, working AC, PS, WS6 (4whl discs), original AM/FM stereo in great shape, optional 15x8 Turbo fin wheels. The turbo engine was the top engine choice, pulling 210 hp and something like 345 lbs of torque.

Car is correct code 19/19 starlight black, gold decals, with black deluxe interior. Car has been painted in last couple years and shows beautifully. Interior is absolutely mint condition in every way. This car is another one where you can let go of the wheel at 75 mph on the interstate and it tracks dead-eye straight. Runs great. Has new exhaust, rear shocks, rear sway bar, radiator, alternator and lots of other parts. I bought the car both because it was so incredibly clean and good running, but also because the owner was an absolute fanatic and took meticulous care of the car. Car is a hard top, so no leaky, creaky, rattlely issues to deal with. Has all new gold decals and looks awesome. No dents, dings, or scratches anywhere. Body is very very straight, and not a speck of rust anywhere. Worst flaw is a few dust specks in the paint here and there. Turbo wheels have been professionally refinished and have new center caps and lug nuts. Raised white letter tires are excellent. Trunk is detailed and gorgeous with original spare, inflation cannister, and jack. Everything works.

This is a gorgeous correct, stock, and rare Formula that will be a future collectible, and is already going up in price as a result of all the previous TA models coming up fast. No stories, no bull, no excuses. It's not a museum piece, but an excellent driver that really performs much better than you might expect. I will have pics very soon.

$15k.

Here are some pics.

Attachments

• whole1.jpg
    whole1.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 483
  • whole5.jpg
    whole5.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 480
  • int3.jpg
    int3.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 480
  • int11.jpg
    int11.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 480
  • passfender1.jpg
    passfender1.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 481
A few more.

Attachments

• details5.jpg
    details5.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 474
  • wheel1.jpg
    wheel1.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 469
  • drdoor1.jpg
    drdoor1.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 461
  • int4.jpg
    int4.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 460
  • trunk2.jpg
    trunk2.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 448
Did I mention the trunk and floor pans are super mint? It also has a brand new starter. Tires are like new. Car needs absolutely nothing. Definitely a "fly in, drive home" kind of car.

Thoroughly detailed ad being created now.....will cost more as soon as it hits egay....

TTT. Extremely nice car, and rare. Hemmings just did an article on this exact model and said it is one of up and coming collectibles and folks should get theirs soon.

Price lowered to $13.5k firm. Going to just drive it and bring it back in the fall if no one wants it.

There's a 92 Stealth R/T for sale here in sioux city. "very clean" but has 96k on it, 5 speed-only 5500. probably adult owned, almost all of them around here are. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Sorry, didn't pay attention to the sig:redface: That car deserves to be in a magazine.

There's a 92 Stealth R/T for sale here in sioux city. "very clean" but has 96k on it, 5 speed-only 5500. probably adult owned, almost all of them around here are. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Thanks for the lead. Unfortunately, such a car wouldn't meet my criteria because of the higher mileage.

Yes, the Turbo Formula is incredibly nice, especially for the price. I'm very surprised I still have it.

Back