A Little History On R4 Compressors

SAVANNAHAUTOAIR

AUTO AC AND COOLING PARTS
I have received a few e-mails about what type of compressors we are selling, and I'm using this forum to explain.

All of the information below pertains to new compressors, and not to those that are remanufactured or rebuilt.

As many of you know, GM doesn't manufacture compressors for the aftermarket . GM uses the Delco name for this purpose.

However, Delco does not actually build A/C compressors either. Delphi is the company that produces and manufactures compressors for AC Delco in most applications. You can get a compressor with the Delco name on it, but it will cost a little more.

If you go look at any new vehicle, you will likely see a Delphi Alternator, Delphi MAF, and a Delphi A/C Compressor. These are the same exact parts as Delco, just with a different name.

Ninety percent of our compressors are new, and we only sell reman compressors when a new one is not available. We offer new R4 compressors in three lines:

Delco
Delphi
Global

We recommend our Global line. These are less expensive than the other lines and have unsurpassed quality and performance.
We can supply the Delco or Delphi unit if it is important for one to have that label on the compressor body.

We are currently using these Global units in our shop and have had great success with them. We have been an automotive specialty A/C shop for the past 15 years, and have yet to see R4's with superior quality.

To answer some questions.

Yes, you can get an R4 compressor, with the Delco name on it, as well as an R4 with the Delphi name.

Most every compressor we carry will be new, and not remanufactured...there are hundreds of reman companies. We don't use remanufactured parts unless a new one is not available.

All of this will be up in a few days on our website, and I appreciate your patience on the matter.

If you guys have any questions or if there is anything I can do, please give me a call, or e-mail me anytime.

Thanks again,
Brett