You can type here any text you want

AC Time

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TTA1326

My AC has been very cold for the last 5 years, but now it's apparently low on R12 since it's not cooling well and the compressor is cycling a little bit at idle. Once I find and fix the leak or problem, what should I recharge it with? I would prefer R12, but since R12 is apparently made from diamonds now days, I'm looking into everything else first.

R-134a is out, not going to happen here. So, that leaves HC12a, Freeze 12, and R416a. Did I miss anything? Folks are telling me that HC12a is flammable, freeze 12 is tough on compressors due to oiling, and R416a is still not very well known, but looks the best so far. All this comes from commercial AC guys that I know, so they may or may not be up on automotive stuff.

Any experts here?

Just dish out the $100 for a couple of cans of R-12. You'll have the best cooling.

Just dish out the $100 for a couple of cans of R-12. You'll have the best cooling.

I will if it's really a simple o-ring or something like that. I just figured that I've dodged the AC conversion for so long that my luck can't hold out.

I will if it's really a simple o-ring or something like that. I just figured that I've dodged the AC conversion for so long that my luck can't hold out.
Hi,I own a shop here in Memphis,Tn.and about 4 years ago my supplier for freon told me about something new he was carrying called Envirosafe.I had always bought Freeze12 and 134a from him but he offered me a case of Envirosafe to compare.4 years later and thats all I buy and he told me the other day it's about all he sells,still carries some 134a but doesn't sell much of it.I have not had the first problem with the Envirosafe and have probably serviced or repaired 300 a/c in the 4 years of using it.It is colder than both Freeze 12 and 134a and it can be mixed with both,I have done all of the above with no problems what so ever plus it runs me about $4.00 a can which is cheaper.I've had it in my GN and Turbo Limited for about 3 years and they are both very cold even down here in the armpit of the U.S.A. MEMPHIS,TN.Hope this helps!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,I own a shop here in Memphis,Tn.and about 4 years ago my supplier for freon told me about something new he was carrying called Envirosafe.I had always bought Freeze12 and 134a from him but he offered me a case of Envirosafe to compare.4 years later and thats all I buy and he told me the other day it's about all he sells,still carries some 134a but doesn't sell much of it.I have not had the first problem with the Envirosafe and have probably serviced or repaired 300 a/c in the 4 years of using it.It is colder than both Freeze 12 and 134a and it can be mixed with both,I have done all of the above with no problems what so ever plus it runs me about $4.00 a can which is cheaper.I've had it in my GN and Turbo Limited for about 3 years and they are both very cold even down here in the armpit of the U.S.A. MEMPHIS,TN.Hope this helps!!!!!!!!!!!!

Want to sell me a few cans?

Thanks Jason

Back