You can type here any text you want

Accessory belt set up

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gnxtc2

Staff member
I am going to run an external oil pump which is going to mounted under the turbo. It'll be driven with a mandrel off the crank. I'm also running a remote water pump.

Need some pics of how the P/S, Alt and crank pulley get tied together.

Does Champion make a bracket that deletes the water pump?

Thanks

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I am going to run an external oil pump which is going to mounted under the turbo. It'll be driven with a mandrel off the crank. I'm also running a remote water pump.

Need some pics of how the P/S, Alt and crank pulley get tied together.

Does Champion make a bracket that deletes the water pump?

Thanks

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

The regular champion AC delete bracket will work, but you have to get a different alternator bracket, it is a a lot longer, rolls the alt up higher. I got mine from Jack. I used a different crank pulley, it gives a little more room between the PS pump pulley and the electric water pump.

I'll see if I can dig up any decent pics.

Billy -i have a nice external weaver pump with brackets and pulleys from a dry sump system with oil pan and S2 front cover-let me know if you need any of these.

The regular champion AC delete bracket will work, but you have to get a different alternator bracket, it is a a lot longer, rolls the alt up higher. I got mine from Jack. I used a different crank pulley, it gives a little more room between the PS pump pulley and the electric water pump.

I'll see if I can dig up any decent pics.

Ted

Would a regular Champion AC delete bracket work? I do not have the water pump in the stock location, its remotely mounted. I'm running an external belt drive ;). So there is no water pump motor sticking out.

Just probably have to play with belt sizes.

Thanks

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Billy -i have a nice external weaver pump with brackets and pulleys from a dry sump system with oil pan and S2 front cover-let me know if you need any of these.

Do you have any pics and any of it mounted?

Also looking into running a Jones oil pump with vacuum pump combo unit.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Ted

Would a regular Champion AC delete bracket work? I do not have the water pump in the stock location, its remotely mounted. I'm running an external belt drive ;). So there is no water pump motor sticking out.

Just probably have to play with belt sizes.

Thanks

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

No, I don't think it will will. With the stock water pump pulley in there the belt goes to the water pump pulley then it goes to the alternator the belt is horizontal at that point. You take the pump out of the equation and the belt will rub on the PS pump pulley as it goes straight to the alternator now. You raise the alternator up(that's what the longer bracket is for) this will get it to clear the PS pump. There is a small window between the pump motor and PS pump. I smaller lower pulley makes this optimum.

Without the electric motor in there you can use the stock diameter crank pulley I like that because it gets great idle charge. I think you may need to confirm your alternator pulley size and make sure you don't overspin it since I'm pretty sure you will be spinning up the TA motor. I have three different size alternator pulleys and you can get a fine tune on the belt size too with different size pulleys as the belts only come in 1/2" increments.

Good choice on the external oil pump. Mine should be back in a couple weeks too. Can't wait to get back in the saddle.

Back