You can type here any text you want

Adjustable Main Prop valve ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lynn D. Brown

I have always had trouble holding all my cars at the line. Years ago, I put in an expensive adjustable prop valve to the GN rear at the advice of one of our vendors. Well, in retrospect, that makes no sense because it can only CUT the amount of pressure going to the rear, and we want to increase it to hold the car at the line. So, I'm going to pull it out.

It seems to me that what we really need is to replace the Main Prop valve up front with an adjustable one so we can increase the pressure in the rear for racing. I know a few vendors have these "bypass" kits that U can install around the main Prop valve and I tried that on my TTA, but it didn't seem to do anything. And I don't particularly like cutting into a brake system and the uncertainties in double flaring lines. In addition they include compression fittings, which I do not think are acceptable for brake systems.

Does anyone offer an adjustable upfront Main Prop valve that U guys know of ?
I have already done the soft 2x rear lining trick w the larger rear cylinders - and that does help also..

Back