adjustable pushrod

May I ask why? I use one to check my length but don't believe in running them. It looks like to me they could move or create problems. Measure your length and order some custom pushrods from CV Products. They are awesome for $75.

i might just do that
do you have there number

Originally posted by Intercooler
May I ask why? I use one to check my length but don't believe in running them. It looks like to me they could move or create problems. Measure your length and order some custom pushrods from CV Products. They are awesome for $75.

http://www.cvproducts.com/ The 800 number is at the bottom. I used the .080" wall one piece chromemoly in my motor and they are awesome. They put the size on the sides of them in a non-removable ink in case you ever need replacements. You can't beat them for $75 but just measure the length you need first.

CV is the way to go!!!

I'm with INTERCOOLER on this one. I have these CV pushrods and they are very nice. They are made for racing and will take a beating. Don't think the web site has any pics but they are one nice looking pushrod.
Frank :)

There's nothing wrong with running adjustable pushrods...I probably wouldn't run them on a daily driver but for a street/strip car they're fine...I went with them because with my CC 206/206 install I had 4 pushrods the same length and the rest we're all different...this was with a preload of .030-.035...I didn't want to take the chance of ordering custom length pushrods and possibly getting incorrect sizes...the adjustables allowed me to set the preload perfect for every one...if you're worried about them loosening then just check them periodically...if interested in going this route TA/Performance sells a nice set of adjustables...

Originally posted by MSDGN
There's nothing wrong with running adjustable pushrods...I probably wouldn't run them on a daily driver but for a street/strip car they're fine...I went with them because with my CC 206/206 install I had 4 pushrods the same length and the rest we're all different...this was with a preload of .030-.035...I didn't want to take the chance of ordering custom length pushrods and possibly getting incorrect sizes...the adjustables allowed me to set the preload perfect for every one...if you're worried about them loosening then just check them periodically...if interested in going this route TA/Performance sells a nice set of adjustables...
Too much potential downsides IMHO with the adjustables. If your engine is correct the pushrod length should be the same on all. All bets are off if someone ground down your valve stems at the top unevenly! Preload is a range like .030"-.035" and if you hit around it you will not notice any problems which is the case in 99% of cars. I adjust and worry about enough things without adding keeping a check on my pushrods and the adjustables are expensive to boot!

If you tighten the jam nuts properly, they do not come apart. Mine have been together for 7 years now.

A huge benefit is that they can be (re-)used again and again with different valvetrain components on the same engine, for instance: if you change cylinder heads, you can adjust the pushrods for the proper preload; if you install new valves that have different installed heights, you can adjust the pushrods for the proper preload; If you change cams, you can adjust the pushrods for the proper preload, if you change lifters...if your heads need to be milled flat....etc., etc.

Quick hint - install the adjustables so that the adjusting end is down by the lifter. This way the threads are constantly being oiled, lessening the chances of thread corrosion. Any TR vendor worth his salt can get these for you. Instead of trying to save a buck or two, go with the vendor that is willing to help you.

Intercooler....the "engine being correct" has nothing to do with it...are you saying the stock motor from the factory was machined perfect..everything was within exact tolerances..etc...I highly doubt it...I've seen many examples to the contrary...the only thing that changed on my motor to account for the differences in pushrod lengths would have to be the rocker arms which I replaced...the heads have never been off the car...but then again I didn't measure the preload with the stock cam/lifters/rockers and I'm betting it wouldn't have been the same for all valves...as for "hitting around" a preload range...that's good enough for many but not me...

Originally posted by MSDGN
Intercooler....the "engine being correct" has nothing to do with it...are you saying the stock motor from the factory was machined perfect..everything was within exact tolerances..etc...I highly doubt it...I've seen many examples to the contrary...the only thing that changed on my motor to account for the differences in pushrod lengths would have to be the rocker arms which I replaced...the heads have never been off the car...but then again I didn't measure the preload with the stock cam/lifters/rockers and I'm betting it wouldn't have been the same for all valves...as for "hitting around" a preload range...that's good enough for many but not me...
You are splitting hairs on the tolerance for preload. To each their own! I prefer my method and after I beat the hell out of it I will get another $75 set of beutifull pushrods. -My .002

Originally posted by Intercooler
You are splitting hairs on the tolerance for preload. To each their own! I prefer my method and after I beat the hell out of it I will get another $75 set of beutifull pushrods. -My .002
Yeah, you could call it splitting hairs...depends on how much (and how hard) you race. Do you anticipate pushing the envelope? Do you anticipate changes valvetrain-related parts in the future? Why not buy one set of (adjustable) pushrods and be done with it?

As is, and has always been the case, it's a matter of how fast you want to go.:)