You can type here any text you want

Aftermarket gauge question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

eagleguy

I purchased a set of mechanical gauges (oil and water temp) from Summit to go into the pod on my floor console. As far as the oil gauge the mechanic had no idea where it would connect. In regards to the temp gauge he was concerned about touching the sensor in the intake manifold saying it looked like it might break trying to take it out to install one for the gauge use. Is any of this true? Should I go to electrical instead. If not where are the proper connection points?

If you go electrical you still have to put the senders in the same places.
The Oil goes on the passenger side of the block under the turbo there is a brass fitting there. You will either have to eliminate the factory oil sender/switch or add a tee.
The water goes on top of the intake there are three senders for the water. A two wire for the ECM signal, a single wire with mushroom connector that is fro the fan control and the last is a single green wire with a spade connector which is for the idiot light. Remove the idiot light sender and install the gauge sender there.

Go electric most cars are get a t for the oil sender so you can also keep the stock one in there and the water sender goes to the front of the intake left side .the only mechanical gauge that most of us use in a fuel but for testing to see if our electronic fuel gauge is suspect .

Back