You can type here any text you want

Air bags "turning"...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

toofastforyou

2FAST4U
The air bags in my rear suspension have a tendency to "turn" and end up twisting the air hoses. The only solution I found was to leave only 3 - 4 inches of hose coming out of each air bag which is no big deal, but this requires having to crawl under the car each time I want to add or remove some air from the bags...Did anyone here ever had this problem?
thanks,

Claude :smile:

Even when you deflate the bags they should still be left at 5 to 7 psi depending on your directions that come with most air bags. This will keep them tight to the springs and stop them from being pinched.

"wbrophy",maybe you are right about leaving some air in them...but I think it also happened while being inflated...(not 100% sure though). Right now, the car is stored for the winter but I will have to try again next spring. I am asking this because I ordered a set of wheels for the rear (16 in.x10 in.wide) with a rear spacing of 4.25 in. with 275-55-16 M&H tires and maybe I will have to keep them inflated all the time so the tire does not rub against the fender lip (which is already rolled)...

thank you,

Claude :)

Back