You can type here any text you want

Air bags

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87TIGN

Death by boost
What is the point of having airbags? What do they do and how do they work? Do you need an air pump? Do they replace shocks?
Thanks

They compensate for the way the body leans during a hard launch. Keeps the body straighter. In my situation I'm only using them to raise the rear end so I can fit wider wheels under there without notching the frame. No you don't need an air pump, they have inflation valves just like a tire, fill them up at a gas station. No they don't replace shocks.

i have mine 8 psi on the driverside and 25 on the driverside keeps the car straight under a hard launch

How hard are they to install? I got a spring compressor, so do I just jack up my rear end, and pull the rear springs then stick the airbags in the middle and put it back in? Also, where do you generally put the lines so that you can fill them up or deflate them?

You don't need to remove the rear springs. Jack the car up off the wheels so the springs are fully extended. Squeeze some air out of the airbags and then cap them so they stay deflated. Rub a mild mix of soapy water on them, and then slip them into the coil. It'll take some struggling and a little bit of luck, but eventually it'll pop in there. Then just pull off the cap and the bag will expand and sit in the coil.

I ran my air lines back to the license plate and installed the valves there.

They fill QUICK! Don't over fill them. They will burst!

Back