Air Conditioning not coming out of dash vents??

STEVES 87GN

Good Morning,
Turned my A/C on yesterday and instead air blowing out of the dash vents it was blowing out the defrost and floor vents. No matter where I moved the control it still was the same.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!:)

Mine was doing the same for a little while turned out there was a vac leak in the controller in the dash

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Either lost vacuum to the HVAC control head, or the door is really stuck shut. With a stuck door (common) they usually free up after a couple of minutes with a loud thunk.

Vacuum for the control head is from the block on top of the TB, through a check valve, then T'd off near the EGR solenoid. This line runs to the plastic ball under the driver fender (up front), the cruise control, and the HVAC head.

Note that this may not be exactly correct, but should be close enough to see which line broke or came loose.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Either lost vacuum to the HVAC control head, or the door is really stuck shut. With a stuck door (common) they usually free up after a couple of minutes with a loud thunk.

Vacuum for the control head is from the block on top of the TB, through a check valve, then T'd off near the EGR solenoid. This line runs to the plastic ball under the driver fender (up front), the cruise control, and the HVAC head.

Note that this may not be exactly correct, but should be close enough to see which line broke or came loose.

RemoveBeforeFlight
Thanks So Much!!!!
Hose was off near the EGR solenoid. Hooked back up and the A/C blows out the dash vents now!
Really appreciate the info!
Steve:)

About the THUNK , where exactly is the door and what can be done to improve or pre-fix before it totally sticks?

I don't know the real answer. Had two cars that did this and didn't look into fixing either. From what I've seen of the systems there is adhesive backed foam around the edges of the openings. The foam deteriorates leaving the sticky adhesive behind.

Which causes the sticking door.

May be able to get some weatherstrip foam from Lowes or such and install it. Or maybe just stick some thick paper on the adhesive.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Fixed this last year. If you pull out the controller in the dash you will see a round part with vac hoses in it. Don't know what it is called but they are plastic and break. When you move the controls this thing rotates and redirects the vacuum.