You can type here any text you want

Alky chip without alky ??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Swede2

I dont know anything!
Hi!

I have two choices right now... If the weather will be good on sunday I will go and race 1/8.

This is my situation... I will change to the 50 injectors tomorrow. I have not got any methanol yet.

I have a turbotweak alchy chip and a trasher 92 hacked 50 chip.

Now... I also have some race gas... What chip would work the best with race gas ? Can I still run like 24-26 psi on race gas with alky chip ? Or will the Trasher be the best option ?

Daniel

Your setup is different than mine ,but I run race gas with thrasher 92 on my set up and spool is very rich off the line. The alky chip may have fuel patches in certain spots and richen the mixture too much. Also, the thrasher needs more fuel than race chips.Julio is the one to chime in here and shed some light on this situation.

Bo

The alky chip will have more timing than the thrasher. Tho the injector duty cycle is probably going to be less since Eric cuts them down, so you'll probably have to put it into program mode and add fuel to make it work.

You have an adjustable chip rite? Increase the BLM lock on WOT. Try going from 128 to 135. Also start out at 22-23 PSI and see how it goes.

BTW, you can distill your own alky :D

Or use other types.. there has to be isopropyl, denatured, aside from methanol somewhere..

Programable... dont know, cause I have not tested it yet.

How do I program in that case ? Lol.... I dont have something to turn up and down the fuel with...

I will do a last try on the methanol tomorrow... And Julio I have tried denatured, it sucked... No difference really.

Daniel

How old is the chip you got from Eric? What does it say on the bottom where the sticker is?

It stands: 5.2 in the upper left, 238 in the upper right...

23*/19* 24-26 psi... Is the 23 degrees in the second gear or what does it mean ?

Daniel

Its a version 5.2 which allows programming the WOT fueling. Send me an email and i'll forward you the instructions how to program it. 23/19 is timing, 24-26 PSI is expected boost on you know who's alky kit.

Means the car leaves at 23 then goes down to 19 degree's as the MPH increases in gradual steps.

Well, there was no race today... as usuall... They cancelled it due to to bad cleaning from another arrangement that someone had yesterday...

Daniel

Back