alky pump question

ITzABUICK

wats going on i have a ? for u guys much help appricated. my alky pump whent on my GN so i got another one and the old pump had a ground hard wired in. So now the new pump has a new ground to it i DIDNT hard wire it in i thought it was easyer to just ground to a bolt so long story short the pump isnt ingauging under load it test sprays fine just woundering if i had to hard wire it back in ?? thank you

Which system you using? I have an SMC progressive & the wiring is counter-intuitive;
I rigged up my "Power Injection" light & a buzzer for low fluid & almost went crazy trying to reason the schematics out.
Hard-wire the ground (use orig. pump as a guide if you still have it & if its remotely similar,
a lot of stuff goes on inside the box so an "outside" ground may not be letting the circuit flow properly.
HTH
Do_O

PM "Razor" on the board, he's the one who makes the Alky Control system & he should be able to get you fixed up
Do_O

The ground wire on pump has nothing to do with kit activating.
Rule of how things go...
First you use the TEST button and see if it sprays. If it sprays then pump is good. At this point you can see the turnon LED light up, see the power injection bulb light up(if installed), and the motor should stumble.
If it passes that first test... then go into boost and see if the LED lights up at 7 psi boost(activates).. if it does kit is working. Doesnt.. its a bad MAP sensor, wiring to map sensor, hose on map sensor, connection to map sensor, missing 5v on map sensor, etc etc etc==map sensor problem.

The ground wire on pump is needed for the bi-colored LED to work from red to green. If you dont hook it up.. LED will always show Green not Red when you hit Test Button. But wont affect "liquid" getting into the motor.