You can type here any text you want

All time best for the recipe section

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

AKTURBOTA

My motto: "Better late than never."

Details of the run:
60' - 1.61
330'
1/8 - 7.6
MPH - 90.5
1000'
¼ - 11.791
MPH 114.7

AKTURBOTA TTA#178
EMPTY WEIGHT:
BLOCK: stock
HEADS: stock
CAM: stock
TRANSMISSION: stock
TORQUE CONVERTER: PTS 9/11 - 2800 stall
DIFFERENTIAL: stock
INTERCOOLER: stock
THROTTLE BODY: stock with 1” plenum spacer
RJC POWER PLATE: no
INJECTORS: 36#
THERMOSTAT: 160
TURBOCHARGER: TA49
VALVE SPRINGS: Kirban’s 110#
MAF: stock
DOWN PIPE: Action Fab 3”
EXHAUST: test pipe in place of cat stock system with Flowmaster
FUEL PUMP: Walbro 340
FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR: Bosch Adjustable
FUEL PRESSURE: 50#’s
ALCHOHOL INJECTION: no
PROPAIN INJECTION: no
NITROUS: no
AIR FILTER AND AIR INTAKE: 9” K&N with ATR stainless steel MAF tube
TIRE DESIGN, SIZE & AIR PRESSURE: BFG 255/50 16 Drag Radials
AIR BAG(s): Right Side
SUSPENSION: Stock
SCAN TOOL: Turbo Link
FUEL: Sunoco 117
CHIP: Caspers 7 position
CHIP TIMING: 20 degrees
KNOCK RETARD: 2-3 degrees
OXYGEN SENSOR VOLTAGE: 780
EXHAUST GAS TEMPERATURE: N/A
TRACK ELEVATION: sea level
TEMPERATURE: 70 degrees
PEAK BOOST: 23PSI
BOOST AT LAUNCH: 12 PSI
MILES ON THE CAR/ENGINE 56,000

With the TA49 the torque converter’s actual stall was 3400. While this took place 6/7/03, it still is my all time best ET. This was a sweet combo. Later in the summer, I added Global West subframe connectors, Spohn adjustable torque arm and LCA’s, and had ET’s in the 11.90’s, but never in the 11.70’s. The 11.79 was a testament to a good day and great track conditions.

Congradulations!!

Your 60' is what did it. Good 60' is going to be a good ET. Tune the heck out of it. Get with EM and have him burn you a chip and that will drop ET even more.
Also, get alky form Julio, that should put you in my old land ;)

Well in my quest to beat the 11.79, I upgraded to a PT61, 60# injectors, Translator Plus with Extender Chip. I eventually had to go to a 3200 stall 9/11 torque converter to get my 60' times back to where they were before. Never did turn better than 12.24 @ 115 before I blew a HG (this was 26 degrees of timing and 23PSI). It was very dissapointing. The bottom end was soggy until I went with higher stall, but the top end never was any better than with the TA49. Evidently the present condition of the original 3.8 litre couldn't use the additional airflow of the PT61, or I had a steadily deteriorating HG that finally let go to attribute to why it didn't MPH any better than with the TA49. The TA49 actually turned a best of 117.4MPH.

Many years back I used an ATR Strip chip with 32 degrees of timing at WOT (that chip hit the unused parts pile long ago) and I turned up the boost to 22-24 PSI, I had runs where I would hit 10 to 15 degrees of timing retard. I am assuming that those runs probably took its toll on the HG. I guess I am surprised that the HG lasted the abuse so long before it let loose.

Back