You can type here any text you want

Allis Chalmers vs. Grand National

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bincitybandit

Hello all............

I wonder if I'm the only guy here that can say I've bid as much at auction on an old Allis Chalmers tractor as I have on a Buick Grand National?.............

I have two hobby obsessions.............Grand National cars and Allis Chalmers tractors!

Just wanted to introduce myself..........

Currently own a 1984 Grand National that is a "GNX Clone". The conversion was done in 1989 by Quality Engineering (AKA Adavanced Vehicle Concepts) in Fenton, MI. It looks the part of a GNX (other than having T-Tops), with badging, louvers, fender flares, GNX rims, and analog instument panel. Also has an upgraded EPROM, and GNX-type ladder bar on the suspension. It has 128,000 miles, and I believe TECHNICALLY to be a 2-owner car. I say "technically" because my brother bought it used in 1988, and I bought it from him in 1995 (all in the family, right? ) :smile: . I had the car repainted in 2002, and the same year had a used engine from a 1987 Grand National installed, but it is still a hot-air car and not intercooled. This spring (2011) I blew the head gaskets out on its annual summer maiden voyage, and just had them replaced.

I hope to add to my Grand National collection (and Allis Chalmers too! ) in the near future. My GN has been a semi-regular daily driver, but I hope to get one or two more that is only for the weekends or special occaisions.

I have a 41 Alis. What's it worth to you? If your not interested, maybe you can tell me the value. It's in really good shape. I can send pics if you want. Tim

Before I left the family farm in WI (many years ago), we had 3. a WD, a WD-45, and a D-17 diesel. I believe the WD-45 and D-17 are still there.

The only ties I still have to Allis, is my Simplicity lawn tractor. For those that don't know, Simplicity is an off shoot of Allis-Chalmers, now owned by Allis-Agco I believe.

Attachments

• winter tractor.jpg
    winter tractor.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 211
Back