You can type here any text you want

Almost lost to a V8 miata

• Thread starter Thread starter GNeric
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
G

GNeric

I left the bank tonight and stopped by a friends shop to let him check out the new 3" downpipe on my 85 GN. I was there for probably 12 minutes when I heard a car roar as it left the stoplight behind us and roast the tires for a quick second or so. When I looked, I couldn't tell what car it was. I left there and headed to Blakes Lotaburger to pick up dinner and as I was heading up Main St, I heard it again. I stopped at this one stop light at Main St. and Solano and was next to a red Miata. When the light turned green, I figured out where the noise had come from in a hurry. He was almost across the intersection when I realized what happened and had to run him down. I caught him but it took a few seconds. He looked about my age and gave me this HUGE grin and a thumbs up when I got in the turning lane at Lotaburger. At an idle, I couldn't tell it was a V8 untill he got on it. Now there are two of them in town. A white one that has late model f*#d 5.0 running gear and all I can do is PREsume this one is the same.

Power to weight ratio is where that car is at. If their modded and can hook watch out:eek:

I'm tellin' you. He seemed to just stand on it and he was gone.

Car & Driver

I think it was car and driver that did a small clip on those cars a few years back. They called it the miata monster, it had the 5.0 ford motor and if i remember right it was about $75000. It had Godzilla embroiding on the seats and a few weird paint schemes.

I own a Miata as well as my GN.

http://www.v8miata.com/

The cost to building one of those things isn't that bad. The car handles like a well engineered go cart anyway. Plus I have a fartcan on my so it sounds like leatherface (Texas Chainsaw Masicar) is chasing you while going down the road. It's fun to drive but man if it just moved like the Buick.

The problem is getting someone to do the work here on th eastcoast.

Hey PRACINGREV1140 I still aint gonna cut your grass with my miata. lol
Mike

hey mike you need to take that old chian saw sounding crop duste r muffler off that thing so you can make some real power

I remember a few years ago when they actually built a V8 Miata. It used a 5.0 engine off the old fox bodied Mustang. I think it was called "Monster Miata" I don't remember how many were made.:cool:

Back