You can type here any text you want

Another "help me pick a turbo" thread

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WildGS

So I know one of these pops up like every other day but I am pretty clueless as to all the different types of turbos to choose from and need some guidance. I have been reading and reading and still seem to not be able to understand everything. I know what turbos other people with my drivetrain are running but I am wanting something a bit different.

I don't have a GN or Turbo Regal but as you can see in my sig I have a FWD 99' GS. I am planning on building a custom turbo setup and would like to put my car in the low 11's if at all possible. I can give a few specs on my motor and what other mods I will have and maybe you guys can guide me in the right direction.

So I'll list my planned equipment below

L67 (Series II 3.8L V6 Supercharged) motor with 8.5:1 compression.
Stage 3 ported heads (1.90" Intake/1.57" exhaust valves)
Flow as listed off website that makes heads is
Intake @ .500 lift = 224 cfm @ .600 lift = 235 cfm
Exhaust @ .500 lift = 212 cfm @ .600 lift = 222 cfm
Not sure on exact cam most likely the following
Duration @ .050" = 218/212 lift .528/.520 with 1.6 rockers lobe separation 113*
Trans good for 700hp with 3.29 gears and 2800 stall converter
3" straight through exhaust
custom headers (not sure on size yet)
custom intake (unsure on TB and I/C setup yet)

I think that's all the big stuff, hope you guys can help..My PB on the heads and my S/C setup was 12.34 pushing about 12.5 psi at the shifts and I was air/water I/C'd

As for what I am looking for in the turbo a 3" V-band outlet, Dual BB, T4-4bolt turbine housing and 2.5" compressor discharge.

Suggestions????

Thanks!

I don't have any suggestions, but there is a guy with a turbo car like yours that ran at the Cecil county Maryland Buick event a few weeks ago. I think the car was green. I'm sure he can help. Thats all I got.

I know what the guys on clubgp are running, I was looking for opinions from the GN folks. I can't say I have heard of any of the current FWDer's running a Dual BB unit.

Back