You can type here any text you want

Another night of educating and showing off

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
This seems to happen every weekend I am out and about with the GN. Well here's what just happened about 2 hours ago. Be prepared, this will be kinda long!

I get off work at 10 pm and I was incredibly bored so I decided to go cruising around downtown and stuff. As I am rolling down the main road I notice a huge crowd of people gathering in a select parking lot. Excellent I am thinking.

My car is blacked out like hell...I mean I have the GNX rims, black tinted windows, the car looks mean as hell right now :D So as I pull up next to this large crowd of people, EVERYONE just stops in their tracks and starts looking over at me. I saw a couple guys give me the thumbs up and a few guys making a bow-down motion to me. I started laughing and I drove past them very slowly letting the crowd check out the car and I was teasing them because I would rev but not pull over to talk. So then I drive away and come back 5 minutes later giving them another taste of the GN.

This time I decided to pull over and talk with the crowd. Everyone ran up to my car and awaited the guy who drove it. I opened the door and the first thing I hear is "Grand Nationals are the baddest cars ever made" I said "excellent, you know your cars!"

So we bull****ted for about half an hour, I told them EVERYTHING about the car and told them my car was mainly stock with some little tid-bit ****. Most of these guys had ricers that were all parked next to each other BUT there were a few domestics like a newer T/A and a old 70's Camaro. None the less they were all cool guys and were like bowing down in front of my car.

There were even guys taking pictures of my car. It was pretty funny. As I was leaving to go home a couple guys "lets see a burnout from this thing...I know it can" I said I dunno I have brand new tires on but me being so gullable I did it anyways. I lined up and picture flashes were all over the place (I kinda felt like a movie star tonight). I boost and tires start rolling...smoke pouring out of the wheel wells...I sat there for about 10 seconds and finally let off still spinning all the way down the entire parking lot. Then when I hooked the car took a lift-off into the next galaxy as I almost blew the stop sign because I was going so fast.

So then I am thinking to myself "man I want to see my patch!" so I come back and I roll down the window and everyone runs up to my car again and I yelled out "man I couldn't resist...I HAVE to see that!"

One guy said to me "that was the coolest thing I have ever seen in my life" Everyone was in complete awe and I checked out my marks. Where I first started it was complete blackness. Then you could see the posi marks ALL the way across the parking lot. One guy said it was the longest patch he had ever seen. I couldn't stop laughing.

So I proceeded to go home and call it a night. I have like half my tread left on my BRAND NEW tires now :( oh well I had a ton of fun. It's not like I can never buy new tires.

It just seems to me that everyone completely worships the GN and everyone is afraid of them. I swear I will never have a period of my life where I don't own one. These cars are just the coolest of all time I'm sorry! :cool:

I wish I had something like that

man, I wish I had a GN to show off. Cause around here I know that it'll get looks, even though most prolly won't know what it is.

Just wait, by the end of this summer, i'll be telling the same stories :D LOL

None the less they were all cool guys and were like bowing down in front of my car.

OMG!!! Is this a Fukin joke!!!

Dude where do you live, that people bow to a GN, /I wonder if I drove up there with a viper or lambo if the people would ejaculate over it.

I HAD 265/50/16's but I still have good amount of tread on them...

Yes most people around here never ever see a GN and when they see mine it's like I am god...lol

Nothing new to me.Ive also had plenty of pics of my car taken by strangers.The local racers dont ever want any of it.All they ever want to see is the big smokey burnouts.I blew out an ET street right in front of everyone going across a parking lot leaving about 100ft of rubber.They thought it was just impossible to do that.

d0n_3d I just checked out your website. Your GN definitely looks bad a**. :) Do you have any rubbing problems with those 265/50/16.

Is that a stock cam? If I can get my car to sound that cool with a Hooker system and Aerochambers screw getting a stereo, I'm getting the exhaust right after my Alky kit

I checked out you're site as well, very nice looking car. Cool story to boot!

thanks for the compliments :D

actually those sounds you hear in the background are not my car...i borrowed the sound clips from some other guy with a GN that he took with just his downpipe on...that's what my car sounded like when i had my exhaust off too though :D

my motor is completely stock...the hooker exhaust with the aerochambers is the best damn exhaust system you can buy for the money...sounds EXCELLENT too....it's not EXTREMELY loud but not too quiet...loud enough to get people's attention...and with the gutted cat the turbo sounds so damn cool.....whenever i accelerate you can hear the whine of the turbo from a mile away...i can't even imagine what a bigger turbo would sound like!

about the tires....yes they do rub but only on hard sharp turns...those are the MAXIMUM you are gonna be able to fit on 16 inch rims as i have liek a milimeter of clearance between the frame and tire...hehe i like the wide look though!

Glad you were honest about the sounds Don because I was ready to have a Hooker system overnighted to my house
:D

I am getting my test pipe on this week and cant wait to see how it sounds, though I have a stock type exhaust:mad:

Back