You can type here any text you want

Another test and tune best!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ttafan

Finally reached my goal for the season. I think there's more in it because I only got to run once and didn't uncap the exhaust. Only launched at 4 lbs. 'cause it was the first run w/ the transbrake. The track told me I couldn't run anymore because I don't have a rollcage. So that will be a good winter project. Only had the car a year. The people I bought it from would cringe if they knew what i've done to it! Bone stock, cloth festival car #33 with 8000 miles on it.:redface: Here's the breakdown......:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Details of the run:
60' 1.655
330' 4.535
1/8 6.926
MPH 102.59
1000' 9.002
1/4 10.768
MPH 127.57

Screen Name or Car Number Here: ttafan
EMPTY WEIGHT: 3650
BLOCK: stock
HEADS: Stock Champion ported
CAM: Comp Cams
TRANSMISSION: 200r4 w/ Stageright
TORQUE CONVERTER: Vigilanty L/U 4000 stall
DIFFERENTIAL: Moser 12 bolt w/ 3.73's
INTERCOOLER: Stock w/ big neck
THROTTLE BODY: stock
RJC POWER PLATE: no
INJECTORS: 95lb.
THERMOSTAT: 160
TURBOCHARGER: Prescision 70gtq
VALVE SPRINGS: 100#
MAF: none
DOWN PIPE: 3" ATR w/ racegate
EXHAUST: Dynomax ultra-flow
FUEL PUMP: Walboro 340
FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR: billet adjustable
FUEL PRESSURE: 50 lbs.
ALCHOHOL INJECTION: yes, Razors kit (the best!)
PROPAIN INJECTION:no
NITROUS: no
AIR FILTER AND AIR INTAKE: K&N 9" cone w/ 4" intake
TIRE DESIGN, SIZE & AIR PRESSURE: 255/50 16 BFG Drag radial 2's
AIR BAG(s): none
SUSPENSION: Bilstein Gas
SCAN TOOL: Laptop
FUEL: Mobile 93
CHIP: FAST XFI
CHIP TIMING: 22 deg.
KNOCK RETARD: 1 deg. on the 3rd to O.D. shift
OXYGEN SENSOR VOLTAGE: 11.0 A/F ratio
EXHAUST GAS TEMPERATURE: n/a
TRACK ELEVATION: sea level
TEMPERATURE: 50 deg.
PEAK BOOST: 25 lbs.
BOOST AT LAUNCH: 4 lbs.
MILES ON THE CAR/ENGINE: 8000

Special Thanks to Anderson Performance auto, Julio of Alky Control, and CK Racing Trans.

Congrats Trent! Still on pump gas and radials! You are killing that poor car.....I love it:D

Glad to see she's coming around. How do you like the stageright? Reason I ask is I have been waiting for about 8 months for a electric transbrake from CK Performance and I believe I might as well stick a fork in him. Way to go on your times.;)

Glad to see she's coming around. How do you like the stageright? Reason I ask is I have been waiting for about 8 months for a electric transbrake from CK Performance and I believe I might as well stick a fork in him. Way to go on your times.;)

Worked flawless on this run. However, I have yet to really launch the car with alot of boost. On the street it just fries the tires. Seems to make the car build boost faster and so much easier not worrying about pushing through the beams at the track. Very easy to install, comes with a great shift kit, and very inexpensive for the performance gain you get. I went from a best 60' of 2.007 to 1.65 just installing the stageright and launching at the same boost level! I'd say "get one".:smile:

Worked flawless on this run. However, I have yet to really launch the car with alot of boost. On the street it just fries the tires. Seems to make the car build boost faster and so much easier not worrying about pushing through the beams at the track. Very easy to install, comes with a great shift kit, and very inexpensive for the performance gain you get. I went from a best 60' of 2.007 to 1.65 just installing the stageright and launching at the same boost level! I'd say "get one".:smile:

A HUGE increase in performance for such a small change :)

I've Linked your data to the TTA FAQ List With a Stock block and ported heads....Whew!:D

:)

The people I bought it from would cringe if they knew what i've done to it! Bone stock, cloth festival car #33 with 8000 miles on it.

Geez, I'm cringing too...:eek: Car was worth maybe 20-25g's and now with the roll bar you plan to add its going to be worth maybe 10-15 tops with the 5-8g's worth of parts and mods you've added... :eek:

Not the most economical way to go but as long as your having fun ... go for it:wink:

Not planning on tubbing a low mileage GNX next are you? :p

Good luck getting $25k for that car

Yeah, I'm sure this was said at one time about alot of those old low mileage mopars that people sat on... y'know the ones bringin 6 figures now. Who knows what a low mileage Festival car will bring in 20 years?? The cars are very exclusive and have an interesting history to back them up and there are less and less low mileage unmolested ones everyday as we see. Just because the value is down a little now is no real indication of the future. I've been to plenty of events listening to the old timers who wished they wouldn't have cut up this, parted out that, or sold something else back in the day. They could retire, move to Maui.. etc....:p

I say go for it. Enjoy the car!

Ditto, its only money
:D

I look at it like this..... I payed a little extra for a low mile car. (still got a GREAT deal) So why buy someone elses headache. I wanted a car that would be strong enough to modify instead of spending ten grand on a 100k miler bringing it up to snuff. All in all I have about 35 grand in the car. Where in the world could you go and get this kind of performance for that price. Not even a half million dollar Saleen supercar could deliver! That's a car you want to just sit in your garage a wipe down with a diaper, not a Trans Am. Cars are not investments, houses are. It will always be a street car though. So why not.... I'm keeping it forever anyway cause I friggin' love it!:biggrin:

I'm keeping it forever anyway cause I friggin' love it!

:biggrin:

I definatly understand what your saying and agree with your train of thought. I had a tta back in the day with about 70,000 miles on it that was pretty much mint. I got the speed bug quick but just could not bring myself to mess with that car. I put a chip in it and thats it. I ended up buying a higher mileage rougher GN that I wouldn't feel bad about modifying. Ended up selling the TTA as latter I couldn't really justify having two at the time. Owned the TTA for about 8 months and bought it from a dealer. Car did not depreciate a dime when I sold it. Looking back I would have been maybe a little money ahead just going ahead and modifying the TTA but ... at the time I just couldn't do it.

You are absolutly correct in the fact that a little more money spent in the begining for a low mileage car is cheaper in the long run. Me myself though, I could not put a roll bar in a low mileage festival car like that. I just have a hangup about it and I do cringe when I hear about it.... Maybe I need therapy...;) its only a car....:tongue:

Not planning on tubbing a low mileage GNX next are you? :p

oh my.....we've done that too!:D

My opinion is that if you are "bolting" on, you are really not ruining the car. ALL of the factory parts can be reinstalled to restore it to original condition. One of the added benefits is that with all of that "undercoating" in the rear wheel wells:p , you wont have to worry about rust!

Have you run the car on a dyno? Where is your peak power and when do you go into lockup in third? What are your average 02's for first and second.
I have never been in a car this fast so bear with me.
Thanks

I say man you got the right idea. My car only has a little over 19,000 miles and I'm enjoying her to. Much better idea than putting it in a climate controled garage and beating off on it once a week and posting that you have a GN,GNX,or TTA with no miles on it. Oh great your my heros. Their just fooling them selfs. Take for example you bought a GNX new maybe you drove it 2000 miles in the last 20 years.You probably gave around $50,000 for it,add insurance you've paid on it for the last 20 years. Now figure every penny you spent on this car and the amount of interest or gains from a good stock for the last twenty years you could have made with that $50,000. Now lets say you sell this car today for 80,000 to 100'000 dollars. How much have you really made? Yeah investment is a good excuse for your wife but I'm from the real world.:eek: TTAfan enjoy the hell out of her thats what I plan to do also.

I say man you got the right idea. My car only has a little over 19,000 miles and I'm enjoying her to. Much better idea than putting it in a climate controled garage and beating off on it once a week and posting that you have a GN,GNX,or TTA with no miles on it. Oh great your my heros. Their just fooling them selfs. Take for example you bought a GNX new maybe you drove it 2000 miles in the last 20 years.You probably gave around $50,000 for it,add insurance you've paid on it for the last 20 years. Now figure every penny you spent on this car and the amount of interest or gains from a good stock for the last twenty years you could have made with that $50,000. Now lets say you sell this car today for 80,000 to 100'000 dollars. How much have you really made? Yeah investment is a good excuse for your wife but I'm from the real world.:eek: TTAfan enjoy the hell out of her thats what I plan to do also.

I agree with that! Another good point is that you dont have to worry about getting greasy when you work on it!

Hey Bill not trying to change subject but just wonder if you know where a man could find a good stage-II off-center block. I've been waiting for Tom's new block but I don't think its going to pan out this winter. I want good stuff if possible. What do you think of a 274 stage-II with champion TTA heads?

oh my.....we've done that too!

Oh.... your gonna burn for that my friend....:eek:

Change your name to GNXKLR or GNXTUBR :D

On the flip side I guess its all good for the owners of the other low mileage festival cars who are sitting in their garages pleasuring themselves.;)

Have you run the car on a dyno? Where is your peak power and when do you go into lockup in third? What are your average 02's for first and second.
I have never been in a car this fast so bear with me.
Thanks

Last time the car was on the dyno it made 430bhp @ 5800rpm w/400 ft.lbs.
That was before the rear with the 3.73's was put on and at about 20lbs. of boost on a 92 deg. day in August. The converter locks at 50mph.

Back