You can type here any text you want

Another VSS post

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sweet6

I think my VSS in my car took a dump. What are my options to fix it? Casper's said if I can find out how many pulses per mile the VSS transmits, he can build one. Anyone know the pulses? I know the GM is disc. Any ideas on what I should do?

I belive it's a 4 pulse sensor, and the little plastic box(I usually see them in yellow)by the ECM converts the signal into a 2 pulse for the ecm(in 1990 they went to a 2 pulse sensor and got rid of the little yellow box).

I'm pretty sure a 4 pulse is the one I had to get from jags that run to get my speedo working off the TH400(they make one that bolts to where the cable would go scince I couldnt find a speed sensor to fit a TH400)

HTH,
Steve

I found my problem. When I dropped the ECM, the speedo connector came loose on the yellow connector harness.

Glad to see you found your problem, Jags That Run is a company that is into Jaguar/TPI small block conversions and they have speed sensors that bolt to there the speedo cable would go(and they have provisions for going inline with the cable). It came in handy hooking up the speedo on my GTA w/TH400 trans as I couldnt find a speed sensor that fit.

Steve

Back