You can type here any text you want

Anybody check out 88ZNX's IROC at the nats?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Blazer406

Mechanical Engineer
Anybody check out the IROC at the nats?

What did you think?

We were plagued with electrical gremlins until mid day Saturday... and only made a couple decent low boost shakedown passes.... still chasing a bad alternator....

Just wanted to see if any of you guys came.... and if any saw us there.

We were under Cal's tent.... closest stall toward the vendor section...

Yes, and I thought it was very cool!!

What heads are you running? TTA or GN? Everybody talks about that the stock GN heads will not clear the strut towers.

GN heads will work but you might need the TTA downpipe is the deal, I had an 89' camaro and I got away with GN heads and a GN 3" downpipe with no issue's or cutting of anything.

Wish I would have made it..... Cooling leaking out of the rear head stud kept me home.
Hope some hybrids come to the event at Norwalk!

Post some pics!!!!!

~Scott

Yes, and I thought it was very cool!!

What heads are you running? TTA or GN? Everybody talks about that the stock GN heads will not clear the strut towers.

The motor has T/A (brand) heads..... GN style.... not TTA

The downpipe is custom.... not sure it would fit either a GN or a TTA. The motor appears to be sitting further back than on a TTA when we compared it to JD's TTA there at the nats.

Thanks for the complements... I've known the owner since high school... and was there when that particular car was bought off the lot brand new.... by another friend of mine.... then he sold it (at about 36k miles) to my friend that has it now (88ZNX). Board member Andre Ellis and Alan (88ZNX) have worked real hard to get the car where it is now.... I only recently got actively involved in the project.... mostly to provide electrical/tuning assistance.

There are many more upgrades in store soon..... roll cage is high on the list....

Glad a few board members saw it. I like it more and more as I help with it.... it is cool.

Wish I would have made it..... Cooling leaking out of the rear head stud kept me home.
Hope some hybrids come to the event at Norwalk!

Post some pics!!!!!

~Scott

I'll try and post the few pics I took of it at the nats.... it started drawing a crowd when we finally got some of the electrical gremlins worked out and were doing a couple of transbrake datalogs there in the tent.... up to 15 psi boost or so.... It was cool to see the people gathering....

I saw it,i was very impressed!It rans some 10's,right?:cool:

I heard somebody in the stands say"thats the fastest IROC i ever seen":biggrin:

Are you going to Norwalk????????

I hope to get my heads back this week from Webber. If mine works out the way it should I'll be at norwalk for sure.

Can't wait to hang out with some Hybrid guys and share some information and a few brewski's.

PICTURES!!!!!! :)
~Scott

i kept stopping by and drooling over it.beautiful car with awesome installation.i really like the piping on it.again that is a beautiful car.

Here are a few pics.... might have to split into a couple posts. We had lots of tuning smarts up in the car at one time..... Cal Hartline..... and Eric Marshall...... It just doesn't get much better for EFI tweaking......

Attachments

• IMG_0281.JPG
    IMG_0281.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_0282.JPG
    IMG_0282.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_0283.JPG
    IMG_0283.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_0284.JPG
    IMG_0284.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_0286.JPG
    IMG_0286.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 267
A few more. The last two are pictures of myself with Eric Marshall and one with (car owner) Alan and Eric.

Attachments

• IMG_0287.JPG
    IMG_0287.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_0288.JPG
    IMG_0288.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_0289.JPG
    IMG_0289.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 263
Less pictures of Dudes... More pictures of the car! :p

Will do... I just told Andre... I needed to come over and get some good pics with my 8 MP digital camera... and really show some of the detail in the engine compartment... and some better pictures of the outside of the car.

I guess it should be noted that there was alot of outside help and influence for this car that was there at the nats... (in no particular order)

Cal and Holly Hartline
Eric Marshall
Jack Cotton (that pumpkin really hauls the mail)

We hope to take it to the dyno soon and really get the tune nailed before we go back to the track. Hopefully we will get some good numbers before long. I figure we are missing between two and three hundred hp that we will find when we get a better tune and sneak up on 30# boost.

Yeap, i seen your car it won me some money:D , side bet with a friend $50 bucks....sorry $51 i made a dollar bet with his daughter :tongue: Thanks

Yeap, i seen your car it won me some money:D , side bet with a friend $50 bucks....sorry $51 i made a dollar bet with his daughter :tongue: Thanks

Awesome....

We went cruising around this afternoon in it..... riding around our hometown..... looking for trouble.....;)

We will get the bugs worked out....

Was he running that Stage motored caddy? That caddy was clean.

Are you going to Norwalk????????

I hope to get my heads back this week from Webber. If mine works out the way it should I'll be at norwalk for sure.

Can't wait to hang out with some Hybrid guys and share some information and a few brewski's.

PICTURES!!!!!! :)
~Scott

Hey Scott, We more than likely wont make it to Norwalk, Jason and I have got to get back to our "Jobs" and make up for this trip.

Alan

Anybody check out the IROC at the nats?

What did you think?

We were plagued with electrical gremlins until mid day Saturday... and only made a couple decent low boost shakedown passes.... still chasing a bad alternator....

Just wanted to see if any of you guys came.... and if any saw us there.

We were under Cal's tent.... closest stall toward the vendor section...
I saw you guys friday working on the car, I had the white T with all the wood sticking out the trunk :eek:

Hey Scott, We more than likely wont make it to Norwalk, Jason and I have got to get back to our "Jobs" and make up for this trip.

Alan

I understand that!!!!

Norwalk is very close.. .I thought it was later in the month... Dang!

Hope the heads come back this week..... .At least they said that it's not a problem to repair them and I don't need a new set... Whew...

~Scott

Back