You can type here any text you want

Anybody Have Good Box Software? Isobarik?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

salvageV6

Daily Driver
If anybody has a good program for figuring Isobarik boxes and a few minutes of time please reply. :cool:

I am looking to see if an Isobarik subwoofer enclosure can be built with my 2 JBL 800 GTI's to the specs. below.

Looking for about 36-38 tuned freq. and -3db down around 32Hz. or so.

JBL has a 1 cu. ft. suggested box tuned 43Hz. and -3db at 36Hz which is perfectly fine for a car but I may use these in a bedroom or computer room someday and am willing to sacrifice some output for lower response if it can be achieved.

I will post the specs. on them if anyone has some working software. :)

I would consider individual ported boxes as well but isobarik would be easier to build and more compact.

TIA

I have Bassbox and WinISD. I had to do some digging since they are listed 2 ways and act VERY differently to the same box design.

1 cu ft, clam shell iso, 1 - 4" port 23" long, gets you a peak of 36 Hz @ .3 db down, 32.7 Hz @ 3 db down, 30 Hz @ 8 db down.

Let me know if you want to try something else.
John

Thanks John, I just found WIN ISD online for free.

It's a great program so far.

I have been modeling it a bit myself and came to the same or very similar numbers as you did.

It also matches up very closely to JBL's box with the parameters they use, and theirs is just about the best box you can make for a car, go figure. ;)

I most likely will be using the 1 cu. ft. or 1.25 cu. ft. ISO. box design.

Thanks for the help. :cool:

I think I will be using dual 2" ports so they actually fit into the box dimensions I will be using. :D

That 4" port is looooooooong. :D

Pay attention to the port velocity or you'll get a nice annoying whistling port, especially with 2" ports.:rolleyes: I don't like to go smaller than 3" ports for that reason. You could try to find some flares for the ends of the ports to prevent whistling. Have you thought about using a slotted port?
John

I doubt there would be a problem with the 2" ports but finding 3" tubes would probably be easier anyway.

I'd have to rework the software to get that size.

A slotted port could be incorporated into the box as well. :cool:

You could get the 3" flex port from a JL Audio dealer with the flares. I've used it with good results. Be sure to get a flare for each end to reduce port noise. If you use a slot be sure to round over each end of the slot, again for noise reduction.
John

.:: RE AUDIO ::. There is a link on the home page for a box builder and it does slot ports. Fun to play with, you can move the box/port dimensions to get the cuft and tuning you want.

Did anything yet? I make my own flaired pvc ports.

Back