You can type here any text you want

anybody running with torque thrust wheels

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

G-bodyguy

Im just curious what my turbo buick would look like if I ran with these wheels! so if anybody has pics of their car with these wheels please post them for me thanks

I have some 20" custom made TT II and u can go to t6p.com and register and then go to brakes tires and suspensions and it will be cars with most of every wheel u can think of....

Too bad I spent more on the rims and tires than I did on bodywork ;)
17x8s on the front 4 rs.....17x9.5 on the rear 4 3/4 rs

112082310.jpg

112082289.jpg

112082265.jpg

t6p.com

86TType said:
I have some 20" custom made TT II and u can go to t6p.com and register and then go to brakes tires and suspensions and it will be cars with most of every wheel u can think of....
I registered on T6P three times and sent mail asking for help twice. I never get an answer from the site admin. Can't get onto the members only pages, like the wheel page. Had to pick my wheels without one of the best resources for wheel pics. Anybody know if it's just me? Do I stink..sniff sniff? :o

I have a set of TTII's ordered. I should have them on the car in a week or two from today. :biggrin:
I ordered:
Front - 17"x 8" w/ 4" bs and BFG GFORCE KDW TT 245/45ZR17 Y95.
Rear - 17"x 9.5" w/ 4.75" bs and BFG GFORCE KDW TT 285/40ZR17 Y100.

QWK - Yours looks NICE! Any money you spent on bodywork is more than I spent, and I really need bodywork! Oh well, it needed tires for inspection, and I don't like to buy twice, so it gets wheels before bodywork. Now at least some part of this car will look worth stealing. :rolleyes:

QWK - Yours looks NICE! Any money you spent on bodywork is more than I spent, and I really need bodywork! Oh well, it needed tires for inspection, and I don't like to buy twice, so it gets wheels before bodywork. Now at least some part of this car will look worth stealing. :rolleyes:

Thanks. Mine isnt out enough for anyone to steal anything :(

As for the tire sizes...275/40-17s and 315/40-17, NITTOS

QWK, You running drop spindles in the front or lowering springs or both? I'd like to know since I"m running the same size rims and would like a better stance and I like yours.

here are a few pics of mine, 245/45/17s(17x8) and 315/35(17x9.5) nittos. QWK i have the same ? about the stance? Is there any tire scrubbing up front on a good dip? I'm planning on just ordering a pair of HOWE longer lower ball joints that will drop the car 1/2-3/4" up front but im curious what you have done as the stance is awesome... the answer is probably on your website so ill go look there for a while
http://www.ls1camaro.net/freehosting/GN 0101.JPG
http://www.ls1camaro.net/freehosting/GN 0141.JPG
http://www.ls1camaro.net/freehosting/Picture 10967.JPG
http://www.ls1camaro.net/freehosting/315s.JPG

JDSfastGN, What rear spacing are you running? How do the 245s and 315s ride? I've heard some people say their 315s & 335s made it ride like a truck(any truth to this?). I'm interested because I am getting 17x9.5s in the rear and need to know if I should just run 285s or make the next step up to 315s. Is there any big disadvantages to running the 315s on the 9.5 rim? LMK Thanks Ethan

What does your suspension consist of(drop springs, spindles, etc...)?

bishir said:
QWK, You running drop spindles in the front or lowering springs or both? I'd like to know since I"m running the same size rims and would like a better stance and I like yours.

Bell Tech Spindles up front, Bell tech springs in the rear.
When I hit a good dip, it rubs :(
Im actually re-thinking my plans for the GN, so look for soe low milage Spindles and springs for sale soon. :)

QWK said:
Too bad I spent more on the rims and tires than I did on bodywork ;)
17x8s on the front 4 rs.....17x9.5 on the rear 4 3/4 rs

Hey QWK. How does your car handle with the 17" rims? Do you fill like you can fill every crack in the road? I have 18" rims and I can fill every crack and bump in the road. Of course i have the Eibach lowered springs on my car. So that may be the reason for the rough ride.

79MeanGbody said:
JDSfastGN, What rear spacing are you running? How do the 245s and 315s ride? I've heard some people say their 315s & 335s made it ride like a truck(any truth to this?). I'm interested because I am getting 17x9.5s in the rear and need to know if I should just run 285s or make the next step up to 315s. Is there any big disadvantages to running the 315s on the 9.5 rim? LMK Thanks Ethan

What does your suspension consist of(drop springs, spindles, etc...)?

4.75" BS is the BS in the back. The 315s ride very nicely(still a drag radial with some sidewall flex to absorb some bumps), i get to drive both my dads GNs on stock rim and 235/ or 245 tires as well as comparing to my old 275/60s and these aren't bad at all. I would stick with a nitto 315s as they are narrower than most brands. They are the equivalent to other brands 285/295 mm tires. Any other brand 315s would be too wide for a 9.5" rim imo and may bulge out too much and rub. My suspension is fairly simple, stock 130,000 mile saggy springs (just the right look while still having ok weight transfer at the track) bilsteins all the way around, tubular UMI lower control arms in the rear, ATR rear sway bar, and 36mm hollow 1le front sway bar with all new bushings through out the frontend. It handles really well and i haven't had to trade off much in the way of comfort for what i would call pretty good handling (feels as good or slightly better than my sisters 00 Z28) I don't feel every bump or crack and it doesn't follow lines in the road either.

I think you just sold me on the 315 Nittos on 9.5 inch rims, can't wait! Do you think we could meet up sometime so I could try the 245s & 315s on my Cutlass(i'll buy lunch). Basically to see if that rear spacing would be ideal and if the fronts or rears would rub. I plan to trim my wheel lips and notch the frame an inch or so in the back. Thanks for the help.

I am located in Ohio. Dang I was looking at turbodans location in MI. I guess TX is a little to far...lol. Maybe QWK would want to meet up some day for the same reason. Hopefully, Thanks guys!

79MeanGbody said:
I am located in Ohio. Dang I was looking at turbodans location in MI. I guess TX is a little to far...lol. Maybe QWK would want to meet up some day for the same reason. Hopefully, Thanks guys!

Its in the Garage on jackstands, AGAIN :(
I had to "clearance" <sp> the outer fender lip. But I also have Bell Tech rear springs installed. I will be taking those out and installing Moogs tomorrow. So with a stock ride height GN, you shouldnt have any problem. :)

What model Nitto tires? I cant find 315/40 or 45 in 17" none of the nitto specs have these sizes.....

Yep

12.13 section width that is good compared to some others.

Nitto NT-555R Extreme Drag Radial 315/35 R17 Section Width 12.13

Back