You can type here any text you want

Anyone had any luck with just an equalizer and amp for good sound?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
I'm thinking of selling my sub/mono amp and getting myself a Kenwood passive eq and running it thru a 4 channel amp to run my 6X9's and my 3.5's.

I'm thinking I can get a pretty decent sound.....clear highs and high to low bass tones, all w/o the need for external tweeters and subs.

Just wanted to get some info from you guys on this.

I think it'll sound good.... better than factory. But it will be noticably less than with the subs and surface tweets.

Most noticably without the subs... I don't think surface tweets are that noticable, especially if your 3.5's are dual cone.

I have never been able to get a 6x9 to hit even decent bass notes in a G body though... but I do have pretty high standards when it comes to my car audio:tongue:

Ive always had good luck with my 6x9's in G-bodys. Just gotta put a little thin layer of weatherstrip between the adapter and the rear deck........ helps a TON. :) 100-150 watts to them also helps out a little bit;)

Back