You can type here any text you want

Anyone have the Q-Logic Q-Forms for GN/TRs?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNTurbo6

Asian guy in redneck car
Q-Logic - Q-Forms Kick Panels - STEP 3

Didn't think they actually made them but aparently I was wrong. I have a pair in my Camry and they fit pretty well, but not quite perfect. I'm thinking about moving to SoCal so I can only take one car with me. If I do that, I'm taking the system from the Camry and putting it into the Buick. It's a really nice systems ave the sub right now, I've spent about 2 grand on it I think.

with them you have to move the ecm they provide a plastic cover for that, then on the driver side oyu have to bend the parking brake pedal some. after that they fit fine and sound really good. hth

I have them in my TR. They provide great sound, especially when you consider what they came with from the factory. I have Infinty Kappa seperates in mine, and they are great. Okay, as per another thread in here, you can get someone to make you a custom set, and they dont seal all that great. But IMO, if you dampen the panels with some form of mat, and take your time installing them, use decent components, I think you'll be happy with them. I've had mine for, man, probably 8 years now. Good luck. (And good choice taking the Buick instead of the Camry to SoCal...lol)

Were you guys able to fit 6.5" speakers into them or only speakers smaller than that? I know the Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1s are a little small since I fit them into the Q-forms in my Camry before. I have 3-way components that have a 6.5" woofer, 3.5" mid, and 1" tweeter. I know I probably can't fit the 6.5" into the door so I was hoping that I could fit it into the Q-Form but that may not be possible. I guess I could do the 6.5s in the rear but I'm very picky about imaging. The other option is to modify the door panels or purchase a pair off ebay that are made for such an application. I saw a set that lets you fit 2 6.5" on each door but they were $250, a bit more than I want to spend.

I've got them, but with a 5 1/4" component set in them. My 6 1/2 is in a custom door panel.:biggrin:
John

Diamond Audio, cant remember model #, before that a pair of MB Quarts, may go back to the MB tweeter the diamond is too bright.

I took the Q-forms and reinforced them a little with fiberglas matting then installed a set of Cerwin Vega components with a passive crossover. Those combined with a set of 6x9 infinitys in the back tray, a single 10 inch sub where the back seat used to be, gives a pretty good sound for a comparably low cost system. I just finished this so I don't yet know how its going to sound on the highway with all the additional noise. I'm pretty pleased with the results sitting in the garage where it spends most of its time.:D
MLH

Would one of you guys be willing to measure the diameter of the opening for the larger speaker? I'd like to be sure if my speaker fits before I look any deeper into getting myself a pair.

Got any pics of your door panel?

I found the link to my door panels. These pictures were taken right after the panels were finshed and before I put in my kick panels. The speakers are an old pair of Blues 6 1/2" woofers. Most companies don't make a decent 6 1/2" driver any longer. Another reason why both my car and truck have 10+ year old 6 1/2" mid-bass drivers.
John

Thinking about getting a set of these and some MB Quart neodymium woofer 6.5's, do you know for a fact that the ECM has to be moved?

I'm assuming the magnet for the mid-range is hitting the EMC and that's the reason for the move?

Back