You can type here any text you want

Anyone try the Wilwood Dynolite or D154 Calipers?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pronto

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot.
Looking through the Wlwood site the other day and saw their front brake kits for Buicks. The Forged Dynolite Pro Series/Big Brake Series seems reasonable priced and will fit 15" rims. They also have a replacement aluminum caliper for metric calipers. Anyone try any of these products? How do they compare to stock?
Thanks.

Looking through the Wlwood site the other day and saw their front brake kits for Buicks. The Forged Dynolite Pro Series/Big Brake Series seems reasonable priced and will fit 15" rims. They also have a replacement aluminum caliper for metric calipers. Anyone try any of these products? How do they compare to stock?
Thanks.
I have the Wilwood kit in the front with the dynalite calipers. My car stops awesome with vacuum brakes and running a fairly large cam as well. Night and day difference when I was running the vacuum with the stock calipers and rotors. One of the best things that I did to my car.

Did you go with solid rotors or the drilled ones?

I also have the Dynalite HD front brake kit. Been a good switch so far, and I've had them on the car since 2004, I think.

Throw the pads that come with the kit in the trash and get a set of Hawk HPS pads. The Q-compound pads Wilwood includes don't hold up to the heat generated after two or three hard stops and they fade out. The cars are just a bit heavier than what that pad was intended for.

Unless you want the drilled rotors for the look, pass on them. Drilled rotors will crack around the holes under heavy use.

Back