You can type here any text you want

Anyone using a torque strap ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cottonpicker14

I am looking at a TTA that has a torque strap that is bolted to the strut tower and dont think its a good idea it being bolted there.
Is anyone using a torque strap and where to you have it bolted to.
I was also thinking of using poly motor mounts to eliminate the strap, is that a good idea ?

I had one of those, and like many here on the board, took it off because it squeaked too much. ;)

I was looking for a mechanical cause for Knock Retard. Since the cause of my knock retard was octane related, I didn't need to keep the anchor.

The anchor is probably OK to leave there. Several board members still have them. The rigid/or new motor mounts would fix the issue of engine torque too.

:)

Could someone explain how they are using a torque strap, where are you hooking it up to?? Pictures if possible.

Originally posted by tta359
Could someone explain how they are using a torque strap, where are you hooking it up to?? Pictures if possible.

HERE is an earlier thread on this subject. No working pictures, but, you'll get the idea.... :)

torque strap

I have the torque strap they use for the grand nationals. I was wondering if the eye bolt for the alternator went to the front or back, and where they were attaching the other end of the strap to? I see most people came up with different solutions. Attaching a buckle from the alternator to the strut tower doesn't seem like it would help to much? Thanks for the advice.

I have an engine anchor and it works just fine. I think it was $20 or so and it reduced KR on shifts considerably.

If it didnt work, I would be replacing the hood;)

Back