You can type here any text you want

Are there other cars I can get a wiring harness for an 85/87 ECM swap?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Craig46

I have read the post on the gnttype.org site but it only mentions getting a wire harness from a mid 80's gm v6. Pretty sure those are hard to come by at your local junkyard but I thought I saw an article some where that showed how to use a 90's model gm wiring harness in a GN or T-type. I can't find any ifo anywhere here unless I am just searching for the wrong things. Let me know if anyone has seen this article also or has a link to it. Thanks,

Thanks that kind of looks like what I remember seeing but it still says mid to late 80's. I'm guessing you can't use one from a newer 90's model 3800 harnesses. I thought the article I saw listed out what cars and what years but I can't seemed to remember.

As far as I know, there is no substitute for the turbo harness. The 3800 system has an altogether different ignition system, and none of the sensors are compatible. Ditto for the supercharged 3800.

The turbo engine harness is unique and you can't even sub the "hot air" harness for the intercooled harness.

Back