Art Carr passes away

chris romani

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Just heard this today Art Carr passed away 3 months ago never heard anything on it.My Engine Builder called there shop today and found out.

Attachments

• IMG_0920.png
    IMG_0920.png
    996 KB · Views: 63
Had met an talked for hours with Art at the Buicks @ Bristol . Nice guy. He def had a good run. I have one of his catalogs from the mid 60s. Ya I was a pack rat even as a kid. RIP Art

I ran a real Art Carr 9 1/2 Non Lockup converter in the early 90’s. Absolutely loved it on the street.
Art was an innovative person and did a lot of great things for the Motorsport world.
RIP Art..

I ran his 16930 with my 6262 and the car/driver were a nightmare to deal with in the Sportsman division and brought home the hardware for two Armdrops. RIP Art...and thank you.

I’m running Art’s shift kit I bought through ATR in the early’90’s.
It’s much firmer than the B&M shift kit it replaced.
It’s sad to see another Buick genius gone.

I ran his 16930 with my 6262 and the car/driver were a nightmare to deal with in the Sportsman division and brought home the hardware for two Armdrops. RIP Art...and thank you.
I still run his 19930 converter on a ported head ALKY car with a small PTE 5831 at 25psi.It’s a drag radial car that’s a handful on the street especially on the roll.

RIP, a man who got to live his life excelling at his passion in a time when people probably thought aftermarket car parts and the time tinkering with your car wasn't a real career. Success story in many ways. 👍

It was an honor to know the man since the old BGNRA days. He would give Trans Tech session to members for FREE! Recently I needed some hard to find 200r4 parts (not expensive just hard to find), so I drove down to his shop and of course he was still at the front office. Kicked around a few stories of old had some laughs. We walked to the back and into the shop, he had his manager find me the parts while we still were chatting about my current new build. After I got the parts in hand I pulled my wallet and he said "Forget it, okay you owe me a quarter...make sure it shinny". Parts were only a couple of bucks but it was GREAT to watch him calmly and quietly still making jokes. I'm still running his shift kit and his 16930-3600 NL from the 90's, and will until they break.

RIP ART