At what point does the CAR FAX begin in the life of a vehicle.

Little6pack

A friends wife took out (crashed) into 2 NEW cars parked at a dealership.

We were discussing at what point does carfax actually start covering a car?

We came up with 3 scenarios.

1) In transit from factory to > rail dispach location > on carrier to dealer?

2) At dealership?

3) When the car is sold to 1st owner?

Would a car Damaged at dealer be considered USED once repaired??? I say NOT

I think Carfax works with the Insurance companies. So if a claim is not submitted. Then Carfax will not know about it. So those 2 cars hit at the dealer's lot could very well be sold as BRAND NEW if they did not report it.
I do believe they are also notified when a New Title is issued for the vehicle.

But there is also software out there that the Dealers use to produce "bogus" Carfax reports. I have a friend who purchased a Collectible car used from a dealer. When he went to turn it around, the new purchaser did a Carfax check and there was an Accident that was not on the Carfax that my friend received when he purchased the car. Needless to see he was screwed.

the dealer's insurance requires claims and such to be submitted anytime theres a damaged in transist car...since this would enable the dealer's shop to replace the damaged panels and parts, then they can sell it, usually on discount, because they've been paid by the insurance, or not if they didn't get paid by insurance company...its why you can find that some brand new cars are being sold at a discount compared to other models...but usually those cars get sold to rental companies instead, since its cheaper for the rentals, and cheaper for the dealer to do paperwork, because its not gonna be owned by a person, but rather, a corporation. 'least thats what I was told by a bodyman who did stuff for some of the dealers around here..