Automatic transmission turbo cars...

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
Are there any other turbo cars made besides the TR, TTA, Syclone and Typhoon that has an automatic transmission from the factory? I can't think of any. I told my friend that our cars are basically the pioneers of turbo-charging and that they are so unique that almost all turbo cars created after the TR were made with manual trannys...so am I right or do I need to correct my statement?!

Don't forget.....

....Buick has been making turbo cars since 1978 (Regal, LeSabre).

I've got a couple for you:

80/81 Turbo Trans Am and Formula w/ the "powerhouse" 301.
84-86 Mercury Cougar XR7
84-88 F*rd T-Bird Turbo Coupe (87 & 88 had the single tailpipe whereas the 5 speed had duals)
84-up Chrysler put the FWD 2.2 Turbo in EVERYTHING including minivans.
80 Fox-body F*rd Fairmont Futura http://www.geocities.com/jeeves77/fairmontzephyr.html

If you don't mean fast turbo auto's, you could include the volvo's and benz's (I think the latter were deisel?)

DSM's like TSI's and GSX's could come w/ autos, the Volvo S40 is turbo'd an has a 5-speed auto. I was gonna say the early 80s TTAs but someone beat me to it. Who knows what else...

Some early Fox body Mustangs had a turbo 4 in them. Littlesteve had 2, a Mustang fastback and a Capri nochback.

The new badass Mercedes's with the TT V8's are autos. Porsche offers an auto with their turbos.

Also from the 80's was the duo of the Dodge/Chyrsler Conquest and the Mitsubishi Starion. It had the 2.6 turbo and in its later years was intercooled. It could be had in the auto or manual.

i think its the other way around. EVERY turbo car can come in aouto except for a few.

you SHOULD be asking "what cars could only come in manual";)

I'm pretty sure the '62 Olds Jetfire that came with a turbo was automatic, or at least available with either. How far back do you want to go? :)