You can type here any text you want

back on the road!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
For anyone that's interested, my TTA is back up and running very well after a short winter intermission. My combo is a lot milder then the last time she went down the track. I went back to a KISS state of tune that I hope will offer some longevity to the driveline. My new combo is as follows: CPTE44 w/ .82 exhaust housing, ported TTA heads that I had on before, 3000 stall 12", Lunati 200-200, Hemco for the stock TB, LT1 MAF, & stock injectors. The car seems to pull hard at 20psi and the numbers look good. I'm beta testing a pretty slick chip that allows quite a few different parameters to be played with...kinda like a FAST system for po folk and light years ahead of my Hypertech chip (just kid'n). I have about 120 miles on the new motor so I've yet to lay into it from a stop....trying to break it in right. On the negative side of things, I had some blue smoke trailing behind the car at WOT that turned out to be bad O rings on the oil pressure sensor housing...ya know that black internally threaded tube that the sensor screws into. Turns out at high speed/oil pressure the thing was leaking enough that oil was blowing back on to the X over pipe and burning off; this was the only time it smoked. Anyhow that's fixed as of tonight. Now I have to get the car detailed for the world of wheels expo in KC this March. I'm already getting jazzed up for BG 2006. I made my reservations at Motel V6 after hearing that they might be booked up....turns out as of last week they were pert near booked for that week and my vacation was approved and on the books at work :D FOUR short months folks....FOUR short months for those of us that are awaiting the big thaw. Cheers

Congrats Joe..

Why the stock injectors?

On another note, your T-plug went out yesterday.

sounds like a solid streetable combo, but those stock injectors would scare the hell out of me :eek:

Razor said:
Why the stock injectors?

What he said......

My stockers were maxed out (prior to my alky setup I got from Razor) by the time I hit low 13's.

Razor said:
Congrats Joe..

Why the stock injectors? I had a feeling those would promote some feedback/opinions. I ran 120 mph on a similiar combo but with an SMC alky kit....easy tune. With Julio's kit I was running my 50pph injectors at 47-50% duty cycle, you do the math....no need for anything larger than the stockers with as much meth that julio's kit flows. There is no safeguard with larger injectors if you have a pump failure and the meth/alky quits flowing at 18-30psi.... were all screwed no matter what size injector you have, that's why I went back to the stockers, no need for them.

On another note, your T-plug went out yesterday.
10-4...thanks!

turbov6joe said:
For anyone that's interested, my TTA is back up and running very well after a short winter intermission. My combo is a lot milder then the last time she went down the track. I went back to a KISS state of tune that I hope will offer some longevity to the driveline. My new combo is as follows: CPTE44 w/ .82 exhaust housing, ported TTA heads that I had on before, 3000 stall 12", Lunati 200-200, Hemco for the stock TB, LT1 MAF, & stock injectors. The car seems to pull hard at 20psi and the numbers look good. I'm beta testing a pretty slick chip that allows quite a few different parameters to be played with...kinda like a FAST system for po folk and light years ahead of my Hypertech chip (just kid'n). I have about 120 miles on the new motor so I've yet to lay into it from a stop....trying to break it in right. On the negative side of things, I had some blue smoke trailing behind the car at WOT that turned out to be bad O rings on the oil pressure sensor housing...ya know that black internally threaded tube that the sensor screws into. Turns out at high speed/oil pressure the thing was leaking enough that oil was blowing back on to the X over pipe and burning off; this was the only time it smoked. Anyhow that's fixed as of tonight. Now I have to get the car detailed for the world of wheels expo in KC this March. I'm already getting jazzed up for BG 2006. I made my reservations at Motel V6 after hearing that they might be booked up....turns out as of last week they were pert near booked for that week and my vacation was approved and on the books at work :D FOUR short months folks....FOUR short months for those of us that are awaiting the big thaw. Cheers

Do you have any pictures of where this sensor is at or a little better description of the location? My car has always smoke a little and it looks like oil on the X over pipe and I have been struggling to find the leak. I know it's something small cause it loses very little oil between oil changes and it tends to do it under high oil pressure situations (startup or WOT)

Lunati 200-200

Thats an interesting cam. Way back when I had my first GN I was looking into a cam. If I remember correctly at the time lunati had three main cams for the GN's. a 200/200 a 210/205 and a 215/210. The biggest cam's power range was rated from like 3000 to 5800. The little 200/200 was rated from idle to 6000! So not only did the 200/200 have the broadest power range but it also had the highest rpm it was rated to. I always thought that was interesting and at the time when I was checking into cams I got some feed back from a couple of guys who went deep into the 10's on this cam.

If you then start looking into the feed back from people running the speedpro cam with the little 204 degree intake lobe it gets you thinking all over again. The guys running them are saying thier cars are pulling hard at the higher rpms. Once you get to the point where you can start turning her up I will be real interested in your feed back of the rpm range and your general overall feedback on this. I would also be curious if they are still grinding this 200/200 to the same specs as they used to grind the old ones to. Do you have the cam card specs or a link?

I'm getting really interested in cams again because I will be specing out and ordering a custom ground hydraulic roller for a T-type roller I purchased to use as a daily driver. Plus I will also be specing out a custom hydraulic roller for a stage 2 headed street car GN and a custom solid roller for a max effort prostreet style Stage 2 headed GN. For the T-Type I like the valve timing events that you get with a 206-210 ground with a 111 degree Lobe Separation Angle and installed with the intake centerline at 108 degrees.

I hope your bout of bad luck is behind you.

Jason

Jason,
Many years ago I put the 200-200 in my pop's GN and I always loved how smooth it idled and how hard it pulled well into 5000 rpm. It had tons of mid-range power, made 16"-17" of vacume at hot idle and didn't have such a steep ramp profile that we were worried about knocking lobes off. I remember reading what you wrote about the rpm power ranges and always thought to myself that it was a misprint for thr 200-200.

So far I've turned the wick up to 20 psi and it feels REAL strong; can't wait to see how it feels at 23-24 psi with some timing :biggrin: I'll keep ya posted. I might try and get some dyno pulls before too long...I'll post.

Lunati 200-200

Lunati 200-200
I've been running this cam in my daily driver for years and its a nice street cam but it's all done by 5000-5200 rpm at 15 psi through 25 psi.

Marty

I bet with the heads, cam, and mild convertor that turbo spools instant. What times you aiming for?

Jason

It spools up real fast even with the .82 exhaust housing. I'm looking for trap speeds in the 120 mph + area....ET's should be in the mid 11's fairly easy.

Any more feed back on the cam after you've had it in for a bit?

Jason

Local track is still closed for the winter and I have not had a chance to get up to the dyno. I will say this though, it pulls like mad and is VERY nice around town. I'll keep ya posted.

Back