You can type here any text you want

balancer wooble

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TTA89

I have a problem that my balancer has a wooble and destorys the crank sensor do I need to rebuild & replace the crank? Or is there a fix to this problem ? thanks

I have a problem that my balancer has a wooble and destorys the crank sensor do I need to rebuild & replace the crank? Or is there a fix to this problem ? thanks

You need to pull it off and determine which is damaged, balancer, or crank, or both.

Most likely the balancer is cracked. Mine did that. Light damage to the crank snout too.

I have tried a other balancer and the crank looks fine and it still screwed up another sensor. Not cheap braking the sensors.Thanks

Had a similar problem. only mine would shake and make my engine run rough. replaced the balancer and all was good again. Make sure you torq it to 219 ft lbs.

Had a similar problem. only mine would shake and make my engine run rough. replaced the balancer and all was good again. Make sure you torq it to 219 ft lbs.

when the engine is still in the car with all accessories, How do you hold the crank from turning to get it to 219#s?
thanks.

when the engine is still in the car with all accessories, How do you hold the crank from turning to get it to 219#s?
thanks.

I used a flat bar stock and slide it in between the converter and the flexplate and then rotated the engine around until the bar stock was up against the transmission case and one of the converter bolt boses.

Its a pain in the a** but can be done.

Can you see the balancer wobbling? How are you setting the sensor up? Did you run the balancer down with an impact? I have seen cracked balancers cause this but most of the time the sensor is set up wrong. If it is it does not take long to take a sh!t. DONT use impact to tighten bolt.

wobble

Okay so I pulled the oil pan and saw play between the front main cap and the crank so pulled the main cap and saw no bearing so that was the wooble.And now I
need to rebuild it . Is there a good engine builder in the San Francisco bay area or west coast ( CA) thanks I want mild bottom end not wild

Okay so I pulled the oil pan and saw play between the front main cap and the crank so pulled the main cap and saw no bearing so that was the wooble.And now I
need to rebuild it . Is there a good engine builder in the San Francisco bay area or west coast ( CA) thanks I want mild bottom end not wild

no bearing at all? do you have any oil pressure gauge? i'd have to think that you had virtually no oil pressure either. was there any material in the oil pan? you should probably get the turbo checked too.

Back