You can type here any text you want

Battery

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sagecoach

Which battery are you guys using in the trunk on the race only and race often cars? Anyone tried the 16 volt with the boost box(to hold 12V to accessories)?It seems to make sense to use the largest battery that will fit into the trunk since weight shouldn't matter that much back there,and we need all the juice possible for fuel pumps and injectors ect. Thanks for your help:)

It's a battery for a stage ll race car vs. a battery used in a daily driver.

CAL,DAVE,ODELL,CHUCK,GENE,LAWRENCE,KENDALL,JOE JIM,ALAN,JESSE, ANYONE ???:confused:

I simpley have a high CCA battery in my trunk and just make sure I keep it charged up. I think what is important, is if your system works properly at a specific voltage, try to maintain that variable. I can say that my system gets weird when volts drop to around 12.0 and below and the car slows down.

I'm sure everybody already knows this. :)

In my trunk behind the right wheel tub is a spiral 800 cca battery, interstate and jegs, summit, sell them around 130 bucks it is 4 years old and it is still good, if you turn it upside down wont hurt it no acid to spill, i have a p t e voltage regulator it is set on 15 volts, works for us may not work for others, when this battery goes bad i will buy a gennises small light weight recharges faster than most batterys, or that is what a dealer told me, ;)

My dad uses an Optima spiral cell deep cycle battery. Its the one with the yellow top. It says it 870cca and its $172 in Jegs

Another to look at would be the Odyssey PC1200, its listed as 630cca, but is a dry cell so it says it does the same work as a 1000cca wet cell. That one is $200

Back