You can type here any text you want

Bead lock screws

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

INEEDAGN

Seen Your Member
Bought some cheap t wheels that have 4 beadlock screws on each side. I want to use them for drag radials but a couple of the holes are so low in the bead that they leak air. So I guess the answer is to bead screw the drag radials? Do I use ordinary self drilling screws? Looks like they had orange silicone on them, is there anything better to use to seal them? Or do I just use these wheels for garden hose reels?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

If you're just gonna use them for drag wheels, take 'em to someone who could tig weld the holes shut
and bring 'em home and use a high speed grinder to smooth the welds if needed.

Or fill the holes with jb weld.

Both of those ideas crossed my mind but I wasnt sure if either would seal or if the epoxy would stay in place. Local place would charge more than the wheels are worth to tig em. Also thought about putting siliconed/urethaned/epoxied screws in and grinding em off flush.

I used it on a magnesium transfer case hole. Still holding a couple years later but I'm not sure on it holding air pressure.

IMAG0596.jpg

Lol is that a gm snap ring hole?

I just figured as narrow as the rim is, it might not stay in. Jb weld is my best friend. Maybe I could taper the ends with a countersink to ensure the plug would stay in.

That is a np246 transfer case. The case is magnesium and the pump is aluminum. 100k miles the pump wears a hole in the case. The case loses fluid and the case grinds itself to death. Not cool but I got it back together and it is going 2 yrs later.

Back