You can type here any text you want

Best A/F meter?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Originally posted by v8zcar
Does anyone have a recommendation for a relatively cheap but accurate A/F meter for mounting in the dash, etc?

There is no such thing.
Period.

The 1-3-4 wire O2s are all influenced by exhaust back pressure, and EGT. It's a fact of life. There are numerous threads from engineering types at DIY-EFI.org that explain that.

In back to back runs, I was at 810 mv with a 3 wire, and with a WB connected, and making changes, that 810 was anywhere from a 12.5 to 11.8 AFR. You can't make a meter that is more accurate then the sensor, and the accurate sensors are called Wide Bands since they are designed to detect AFRs other then 14.7.

In closed loop you have some blinky lights, and at WOT, you might know if your way too lean, or way too rich but other then that, nada.

Re: Re: Best A/F meter?

[You can't make a meter that is more accurate then the sensor,/QUOTE]

Yeah, that is what I've heard...So how about an more pricey gauge that is AS accurate as the sensor?

How would I go about wiring up a voltmeter that shows the same readings as in the dashboard? I just want something that reads the same as the dashboard, don't need the funky red and green lites, etc.

Owen

The problem is with the sensor, anything other than a wideband is only accurate when the a/f is crossing or around 14.7, other than that its not possible for it to give you an accurate a/f ratio.

Originally posted by BoostKillsStres
The problem is with the sensor, anything other than a wideband is only accurate when the a/f is crossing or around 14.7, other than that its not possible for it to give you an accurate a/f ratio.

I guess I wasn't specific enough, I want to attach the gauge to the current FAST WBO2 sensor. Does that change my options? Simply put, I want the same data in the FAST dashboard to show on my car's dashboard.

Thanks for the jumptronix link, the ones at http://gadgetseller.com/gauges/
seem to have better resolution and are easier to read.

Owen

I looked into those too and recently heard about the sensor shortage on another website. Is this a different sensor than the one used with the FAST? I can't remember...Don't wanna have two sensor with two different readings.

I assume the Actual A/F Ratio readout in the FAST is a conversion of the signal from the O2 sensor. But what is the UEGOS(V) sensor reading from? Simply showing that the sensor is operational?

Looks like my only option is to mount a small flat PC screen in the dash and have CCom running to show the readouts there.

Owen

Back