You can type here any text you want

Best brake system

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Nelson Ramos

I have an 87 with factory brake system with nothing but problems. Has rear disk breaks. Looking for a good looking small break system that works! Planning on tucking all wires and don't want to expose much but the engine. ... any Ideas??

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

If it has rear disks it ain't factory.

You're the one with breaks instead of brakes. Hydroboost doesn't have wires and you can tuck the powermaster wires away. Nothing stops your vehicle better imo. But then I'm intelegent . Haha.

Attachments

• 20140507_193141.jpg
    20140507_193141.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 273
Large%5C13985_l.jpg

This is a nice setup of you have the budget. Pm chuck Leeper on here he has bought from a guy in Dallas who fabs mounting brackets for hydro boost to bolt to fire wall. Elliot Sydnam is his name.
Here is my setup with factory parts.

Nelson, don't understand this comment:
"good looking small break system".. What is it you want, when you say "small"??

"Small" as in factory size rotors vs. "big" pro-touring style monster brakes? Just my interpretation.

If I can I would eliminate the booster and master cylinder completely. Just want to see the engine or maybe just have the master cylinder exposed. Probably gonna even put the battery in the trunk.

Large%5C13985_l.jpg

This is a nice setup of you have the budget. Pm chuck Leeper on here he has bought from a guy in Dallas who fabs mounting brackets for hydro boost to bolt to fire wall. Elliot Sydnam is his name.

Sorry not trying to hi jack anyone's thread but was wondering is this set up worth putting on your car if you are still running stock rotars pads and calipers?

Sorry not trying to hi jack anyone's thread but was wondering is this set up worth putting on your car if you are still running stock rotars pads and calipers?

I run factory disk/drum with replacement pads/shoes. I thought it made quite an improvement over the powermaster when I swapped in the hydroboost.

Large%5C13985_l.jpg

what master cylinder is that

With the stock brake system if the brake light is on and the brake pedal is hard does this mean the Powermaster itself is bad?

Back