You can type here any text you want

Best passes to date at BG!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JustABuick

With my fresh EA Stage 2 trans and Precision 3500 converter, I was finally able to beat my previous best time of a 13.2! First pass at Bowling Green on Friday was a not-so-great 60ft and a 12.7 at 16 psi on 93 octane! Thanks to some help from the central Ohio group, I was able to hit a best 1/4 time of a 12.3 at 18 psi on 110 octane, with a still sub par 1.7 60ft! I know most of you guys could run this in reverse, but it sure felt like a different car than earlier this summer. I was able to make the round trip from Columbus with no issues and made 4 successful passes (at 12.6x) on the car. I'd like to say thanks again to the Columbus group, and to the Iowa group for the fuel pressure gauge (please let me know if you read this, I really appreciate the gauge). I have some boost spike issues to iron out with the car, but overall, it performed very well.

Kelly

Congrats. If you improve every pass all you'd have to do is make enough passes to be the world record holder.:)

Haha, thanks! I'd love to hit 11.6x consistently, but I have some work to do before that :D

Haha, thanks! I'd love to hit 11.6x consistently, but I have some work to do before that :D
You already have the combo for mid 11's,just add alky or race fuel and turn up the boost and I think you will be happy,:)

You already have the combo for mid 11's,just add alky or race fuel and turn up the boost and I think you will be happy,:)

That's what I'm hoping for! I tried to do that at BG, but what should have been 20 psi spiked to 25 psi. I turned it down and it still spiked to 22 psi. I turned it down one more time and it hit 18 psi, but didn't spike, so I just left it alone at 18.

That's what I'm hoping for! I tried to do that at BG, but what should have been 20 psi spiked to 25 psi. I turned it down and it still spiked to 22 psi. I turned it down one more time and it hit 18 psi, but didn't spike, so I just left it alone at 18.
Kelly, I had the same problem with a similar setup in my old GN. The answer is to port the wastegate hole out in your exhaust housing. I also bypassed the factory wastegate solenoid and ran the vacuum line from the actuator directly to the fitting on the compressor housing (tuner style).
If you were running 110, you'd be safe at 25 psi.

Question, what would be the advantage of running it "tuner style" as apposed to the factory way through the "Y" restrictor?

Question, what would be the advantage of running it "tuner style" as apposed to the factory way through the "Y" restrictor?
When my car started making decent power, the only way I could keep the boost steady was to run the line tuner style and use the actuator rod to set the boost level.

Kelly, I had the same problem with a similar setup in my old GN. The answer is to port the wastegate hole out in your exhaust housing. I also bypassed the factory wastegate solenoid and ran the vacuum line from the actuator directly to the fitting on the compressor housing (tuner style).
If you were running 110, you'd be safe at 25 psi.

Thanks, Tim! Very creative idea. Any chance you have an old picture of that setup?

I run my limited the same way, only with an RJC boost controller. I can get s pic in the next couple of days

I think my next purchase will be the manual boost controller. Oh, you don't have to go out of your way or anything to get pictures of it, thank you, though.

Back