You can type here any text you want

Best street tire's?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sonseeker

I your guys opinion what is the best street tire.I will only be driving in nice weather but would diffently like a better traction tire then the Goodyear eagle gt2's that is presently on my car.Also what is the widest tire size that will fit on the rear with GN stock rims.Back in the 70's Discount tire sold a brand called Peerless and they hooked up great!

Did a search and couldn't find them. I was thinking BG Goodrich ta,Perille's or Bridgestone's,Nittos.275/60/15 rear and 2??/??/15 fronts.Would like to get the biggest in the rear with no frame notch.

I run Nittos at the track 160-168 60 ft times. 275 60 15 drag radials and they are the least expensive of all drag radials out there. I have them on seperate matching rims, I drive daily on 275 60 15 BFGs from walmart. I run 215 65 15 tires on the front, cheap discount tires. I have a Tubo 400 w/ brake leaving at 8lbs of boost, 3500 rpm 10.58 best et and I drive my car everyday to work

I your guys opinion what is the best street tire.I will only be driving in nice weather but would diffently like a better traction tire then the Goodyear eagle gt2's that is presently on my car.Also what is the widest tire size that will fit on the rear with GN stock rims.Back in the 70's Discount tire sold a brand called Peerless and they hooked up great!

Wondering the same thing. So far what I can find are the BF Goodriches and the Firestone Firehawk. I was trying to get 255's in the back and run eith 235's OR 215's in the front. If that wont work I was trying to get 215's in front with the 235's in the back. The only problem with the BF's and the Firehawks are the raised white letters. Yes I know you can turn them around, but I would like a ROWL in the above sizes. Cant seem to find anything.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I put Pirelli P600 235-60-ZR15 on all four corners. couldn't be happier. Use my car for "spirited" driving on very twisty roads. Along with several suspension upgrades, these tires have done very well for me and the car. Wanted to keep tire diameter the same as stock and these come very close. Not at all cheep, but very good tires, IMO.

Longevity as well as nice balanced premium tire that hooks great on the street,
I would go Nitto DR. If you hardly drive the car, MickeyT/DR, and if it's a toy, Goodyear DR (not street legal)

I was wondering if 255/50/15 MT DR on 15x8 Weld draglites and 215/65/15 on 15x7 draglites would work.How do you determine how tall the tire is? I have also read 3.5 bs and 4.00 bs ,which is correct? I am totally confused at this point!!!!!!!

I wouldnt run a 50 series ever, 275 60 15 looks good, fits great. 15x8 3.5 back spacing. never run anything less than 30 lbs on the street! 12-16 psi I feel is a good place to start with a new drag radial at the track.

divide the first number by 25.4, then multiply it by the second number, multiply by 2 then add the size of the wheel, or the third number. for stock wheel and tire it would look like this.

215/65/15 would be (215/25.4)x.65x2+15 or 26.0039 inches

255/50/15 would be (255/25.4)x.50x2+15 or 25.0393 inches

Back