You can type here any text you want

Bobby Unser TTA

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

victorp

Hello to all,
Can someone shed some light on the Bobby Unser TTA.I have read old threads and I see that there was a festival TTA that Bobby Unser drove during the Indianapolis Race that has a lot of memerobilia with it including a letter from him confirming it.Then I found an old ad for a Festival TTA for sale years ago that claims to only have 70 miles on it and they say it was Bobby Unser's personal car.Could he have been given one or bought one later after the race ??????
Thanks for your comments.
Vic :smile:

Hello to all,
Can someone shed some light on the Bobby Unser TTA.I have read old threads and I see that there was a festival TTA that Bobby Unser drove during the Indianapolis Race that has a lot of memerobilia with it including a letter from him confirming it.Then I found an old ad for a Festival TTA for sale years ago that claims to only have 70 miles on it and they say it was Bobby Unser's personal car.Could he have been given one or bought one later after the race ??????
Thanks for your comments.
Vic :smile:
Vic,
He bought the car. This is not one of the 3 actual pace cars. It was a Festival Car. If my memory serves me right, I have seen multiple ads over the years of different Festival Cars he owned at one time. The one you are refering to did have lots of documentation and items with Bobby Unsers markings on them.
- Dave

Bobby's TTA was fesitival car #98. It's in a private collection. It was said to be "sold" before the race was even over to this private collector. It's been sitting in this rack in the pic below from the day it came off the track that day in 1989.. Original battery and all. I forget the miles on it but I think it has 3 or 4K on it. Here are the pics I have of it.. Bobby Unser's Festival TTA #98

img_1275.jpg

Jim and Dave,
Thanks for the reply.Now I understand about the one with all of the paperwork from Indy and from Bobby Unser. Way :cool:
So what do you make of the ad that was from approximately 2003 representing a 70 mile TTA that was supposedly Bobby's car and titled to him???
Thank you much!
Vic

I spoke with the owner of the other car last night. It still has 70 miles on it and he is considering selling it. I have a close friend looking for a Festival car and we might be going out to look at it.

-Chris

I see a lot of papers in there with the name Dale Armstorn & Budweiser King Racing. That looks to be the same Dale Armstrong that was crew chief for Kenny Berstein for 16 yrs.

Back