You can type here any text you want

Body Bushings Rattle Cure?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNasty

For those of you who replaced your body bushings....did you notice a SIGNIFICANT reduction in rattles, creaks, noises etc. afterwards?

My entire suspension has been replaced/upgraded: springs, shocks, bushings, etc. This car still has way too many rattles and noises when hitting bumps. :frown:

I'm hoping new body bushings are the cure... :confused:

They look ok from under the car, but I'm hoping they are rotting where you can't see...

I'm running out of things to replace!

Better hope just the bushing is rotting and not all the metal around it.

Depends on what kind of rattles they are. It definitely tightens things up, but this can lead to more high frequency rattles from plastic trim(like the glovebox door).

What I noticed with the bushings was the car seems to bend less in the middle and it makes the suspension absorb the bumps instead of body/frame flex.

Have you added any of the frame or body braces yet? I installed the front lower frame braces (Triangle) plus the behind the rear seat braces (2-X-braces) and that helped a lot.

~JM~

Have you added any of the frame or body braces yet? I installed the front lower frame braces (Triangle) plus the behind the rear seat braces (2-X-braces) and that helped a lot.

~JM~

Yes, I have both the triangle braces in the front, and the 2X braces behind the rear seat. The car still feels 'shifty' after hitting bumps, and the vibrations seem to come right up and thru the cabin, without being dampened much.

I want to replace the body bushing in my t but im petrified to due to any possible complications cause she has some miles on it....

I noticed more rattles in the windows, but less rattles elsewhere when i upgraded to poly body bushings. I doubt new body bushings are going to help your rattles. You'll probably have to hunt them down to cure them all.

Back