You can type here any text you want

Body shop for minor dent near Chicago/ParkRidge/Niles?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BlackMetal

Sigh...I have a dent in my rear quarter panel from the jack and spare coming loose in the trunk. Tire must have slammed into the jack going around a corner, and the jack pushed outward. On the outside, there's a very small dent, you could cover the entire damaged area with a dime. Unfortunately it pushed far enough outward that there are fine cracks in the paint too.

Any place could probably pop the dent but my main concern is getting the small area that needs painting to blend in.

Any recommendations appreciated. I'll drive a good 45 minutes for a place that's worth it, but I'd like it to be in my general area if possible. Thanks.

Carnica in Des Plaines on Oakton west of River Rd. They do alot of work for dealers in the area. Very close to your location. I'm sure they will know what kind of paint GM used in 87'.

Bet they wont do it ,I took a car to them that had a minor dent like you said and they could not do anything<I think those dopes only work on the dents that need the Fonzi smake and pop right out for $300..... :tongue: :rolleyes:

Try this guy http://www.streetdisturbance.invisionboard.com/index.php?showtopic=1983 If you can't see the thread he works at the Basney BMW in Niles (maybe it's Roseland not sure it's on Bus. 31), try calling there and ask for Pete in paint. He does a badass job. Just tell him you saw his post on Streetdisturbance (it's a South Bend/Niles/Elkhart forum).

Another good shop in this area is Nearys in Granger, IN. They do all the repair work for the local Lexus dealership and from what I have seen they do a really good job.

72firebird said:
Try this guy http://www.streetdisturbance.invisionboard.com/index.php?showtopic=1983 If you can't see the thread he works at the Basney BMW in Niles (maybe it's Roseland not sure it's on Bus. 31), try calling there and ask for Pete in paint. He does a badass job. Just tell him you saw his post on Streetdisturbance (it's a South Bend/Niles/Elkhart forum).

Another good shop in this area is Nearys in Granger, IN. They do all the repair work for the local Lexus dealership and from what I have seen they do a really good job.
sounds like you are talking about Niles Indiana,not IL. :)

Yeah...I had a feeling finding a good place for this would be tricky. It's not a typical dent. :(

BandAid said:
sounds like you are talking about Niles Indiana,not IL. :)

Well actually Niles, MI but it's right on the Indiana/Michigan border. Haha didn't even realize there was a Niles, IL.

I had a 86 t-type that was stolen and recovered. The body needed repair and paint in certain places on the doors, ect. At the time I owned a Service Station in the area and took the car to the body shop down the street that had a excellent reputation. John's Auto Body in LaGrange, 25 East Plainfield Rd. 708-352-1560. I was very satisfied with the finished product. The car was a factory light blue. I could not tell it had been repaired and have since recommended friends and family to them. Everyone has been real pleased with their work. Al is the owner but he has had health issues and I dont know if he is around, if not talk to Don, not sure if he is still there or not. But the shop is and they have been around for 25-30 years.Give him a call and tell him about your concern. He will be straight up with you about blending the color. However, I am certain he will want to see the car before he commits.
Mention my name, Dave Winter the guy who owned the Mobil down the street and tell them I said hello.

I just saw some work done by Dent Specialties of Schaumburg, IL. My buddy backed in to his friends truck and pushed in the side of his truck bed. This was major damage and they have fixed it without painting the truck! I have no doubt they can do the job after what I saw today. The story gets better. When I told my friend that someone posted on turbobuick that they needed paintless dent removal, he jumped in and said his other friend just got his GN done and it looks perfect. Too good to be true. I'll post the owners name tomorrow for a contact. My dad has an 05 Mustang that has 1 small dent, I plan to bring it in as soon as the weather permits.

mikec1969 said:
I just saw some work done by Dent Specialties of Schaumburg, IL. My buddy backed in to his friends truck and pushed in the side of his truck bed. This was major damage and they have fixed it without painting the truck! I have no doubt they can do the job after what I saw today. The story gets better. When I told my friend that someone posted on turbobuick that they needed paintless dent removal, he jumped in and said his other friend just got his GN done and it looks perfect. Too good to be true. I'll post the owners name tomorrow for a contact. My dad has an 05 Mustang that has 1 small dent, I plan to bring it in as soon as the weather permits.

Sounds like the most promising lead so far. Let me know the contact info when you get it. Thanks!

Dent Specialties 600 Morse Ave. Schaumburg, IL 60193-4582, 847-584-9224
Ask for Darrell. I told him you were a guy in our car club and that I was going to post his # on the website. We talked about the process and he said he doesn't usually have to drill any holes and always asks the customer if that would be ok. It's a good idea to remove any door panels or trunk trim to save money. Good luck and post the results.

mikec1969 said:
Dent Specialties 600 Morse Ave. Schaumburg, IL 60193-4582, 847-584-9224
Ask for Darrell. I told him you were a guy in our car club and that I was going to post his # on the website. We talked about the process and he said he doesn't usually have to drill any holes and always asks the customer if that would be ok. It's a good idea to remove any door panels or trunk trim to save money. Good luck and post the results.

Thanks very much. I mentioned the name of the place to a friend today and he said he had heard good things as well. I will contact them ASAP and hopefully they will be the ones to do the work for me. Thanks again.

Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been on in a few weeks. If you still need help let me know. I'm the in-house PDR tech at Patrick Cadillac. The same thing happened to my GN, so I feel your pain. Only mine hurt a little less because I was able to fix it myself.

kranzo1 said:
Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been on in a few weeks. If you still need help let me know. I'm the in-house PDR tech at Patrick Cadillac. The same thing happened to my GN, so I feel your pain. Only mine hurt a little less because I was able to fix it myself.

Alright, thanks for the offer. I haven't gotten anything done yet, I've been busy 6 days a week lately and haven't even started calling places for estimates or anything. I'll keep you in mind when I finally have time to fix it.

Turbo6Chicago,

Did you ever get that body work done to your GN? If so who did you go with and where you satisfied with the results?

I am asking because I now have a little body work I need to done to my turbo t and it would be really great if they did'nt have to drill any holes or repaint the car.

Any info you could provide me........is of course greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dan

Sorry for not answering, haven't been coming to this site as often, but no, I never got it done haha. Until I find some place that I know can do a great job, I'd rather have a small dent that needs fixing than a repair that needs fixing again.

I hit a deer with my 85GN and Spring Hill Auto Body did a great job. They are in East Dundee. You can also take a peek at their work on my car as I am close by. Good Luck. Brad

Back