You can type here any text you want

boost control with BS3

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

slimtastic

yea dude...I rock
well i tried to hook up the BS3's boost control feature and run it through an aftermarket normally closed boost solinoid and sure enough im having problems :mad:

my buick has the plug and play harness from pte and i think the computer controlled "duty cycle ground" is ran though the original (pink with white line) wire that goes out to the original solinoid. but heres the issue, in the dash setting when i look at the WG-DC in the dash its always at 50% no matter what i change the duty cycle values too...

im in the PWM mode
boost reference is set to RPM
minimum TPs is 50%
minimum RPM is 2500
desired boost is set to 20 psi (not sure why this table is available if i select a PWM mode)
PWM across the entire rpm range is set at 30%

the WG-DC always says 50% under any condition

furthermore the boost solinoid isnt even getting the ANY cycling rate at all to the valve....WHAT GIVES!?!?!? the valve is wired into "positive ign on" and then the "computer cycled ground"

i need help

Sorry, I have never used the boost control on a BS3. Where did you purchase it from?

i got it from PTE.... does the XFI have an internal boost controller? i can tell at some point im gonna tired of the lack of customer support for bs3 and make a switch

Yes the XFI does. The BS3 boost control will probably work fine, you just need to get PTE to work with you.

Back