Boost questions?

Cleaner13

The Cleaner
ok now I know the basic recipe that the more boost you want to run the higher octane you need to run

but heres my question

this is just a for instance but say I needed like 100 octane for say
19lbs of boost with stock injectors

say I got bigger injectors and ran 93 octane but I had more fuel to the pistons
would something like this work
this way you could run just as much boost but not have to run race gas??
please educate me
haha
thanks ahead of time

Carl

No

The only advantage to going to higher octane is to run higher boost. Maybe more timing, but the boost is the big item. More boost may require bigger injectors to match the higher air flow, but just going to bigger injectors won't let you run lower octane fuel. If you have a scan tool to get the O2, or maybe an EGT gauge, you can match the fuel flow to the turbo, to get the best out of a combination. But basically, match the turbo and the injectors, then turn up the boost when you have race gas and a matching chip. If you just go with bigger injectors, you will have to get a new chip to match them, and the injector constant will be changed, so you get the same fuel flow with the bigger injectors that you got with the smaller ones- they just won't stay "open" as long. Does all that confuse you? It does me, and I wrote it! Anyway, it's all in the combination, and the combination should be tuned for the fuel you plan to use.