Brake Conversion

mr84ss

Whats up family. U finally got the time to do my vacuum brake conversion and its a PITA btw. I bought a 80s caprice booster and monte carlo master cylinder. I got the master cylinder hooked up without issues. After i got the booster and pedal installed i noticed the booster rod is about an inch off from the peg on the brake pedal. The rod can be pushed up but its all the way down the furthest it'll go. Then i noticed the brake pedal had another hole in it about 2 inches up from the other brake pin but the booster rod wont go all the way up to that one either. The pedal came out of a cutlas or monte carlo at the yard. What do i have to do to remedy this pita situation?

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

It sounds like you have a vacuum booster brake pedal from a g-body, so it should bolt in. The hole 2" up is the location for manual brakes, so you shouldn't use that one because of the angle of the push rod will be excessive.

Here is the link to a Monte Carlo b-body conversion. I'm sure you have seen this, but the conversion will be like a conversion on a Buick Regal.

http://www.montecarloss.com/community/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=757283

Is the push rod below or above the brake pedal pin location?

You said a Caprice booster, right? That's probably the problem. You need a g-body booster. Evidently, the caprice booster rod is too short.