You can type here any text you want

brake dust

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jlat

hello ladies and gents; This is not on my TB but on my van. Why do you think one side of the vans wheels have more dust than the other? This is always true with it as my right front always has more than the left.
IBBY

I would say 1 side getting more pressure than the other but if it's not pulling more to 1 side when braking than my guess would be a bad rotor assuming the pads on both sides are the same.

hello ladies and gents; This is not on my TB but on my van. Why do you think one side of the vans wheels have more dust than the other? This is always true with it as my right front always has more than the left.

IBBY

Four thoughts come to mind:

1. Since the earth rotates to the right, more brake dust gathers on that side of the car.

2. If you drive your van slow, the fast moving cars on the left side blow the dust off the left side wheels.

3. Who replaced the pads last? You could have two different types of pads - some produce more dust than others.

4. Or perhaps, you caliper is dragging slightly on the right side and not allowing your brake pads to fully release. Check your pads and compare the right ones to the left ones. I bet your right ones are more worn than the left one. If so, replace/rebuild the caliper on the right - or - just wash your van more often and you won't notice the dust.

Rob

Back