You can type here any text you want

Brake fluid level; is this normal?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
mastercylinder005.jpg

mastercylinder004.jpg

mastercylinder003.jpg

Sorry if this is a silly question, but this morning as I was applying pedal to shift out of park I noticed my brake light was on, but went back off as soon as let off the pedal. It did not come back on at all.

In my experience we start with the smallest things first. In this case, the fluid level.

When I bought this car a month ago I questioned the seller about the fluid level you see here in the pics. He claimed he was told by the previous owner the level you see is the normal level.

I am hard core dying to add more fluid because to me this doesn't look adequate enough, but before I do, just in case there's something I don't know I wanted to ask here first.

Should I add fluid? Or leave it alone?

BTW yes the rubber boots were hanging down when I popped off the cap.

Thanks!

The ds of the bowl looks a little low but other than that the fluid level looks fine. The condition of the fluid is another story.

The ps of the bowl is supposed to look like that because the rest of the fluid is in the accumulator ball. If you really want to know if it is low or not, pump the pedal about 10 times until it gets diffucult to push and then see where the fluid level is in relation to the full marks.

Your light in the dash is indicating you may have a pressure problem. When you pump down the acc as I have described above, you will have performed 1/2 of an acc 'cycle'. The other half is when you turn the key back on and the acc pumps back up. Pay attention to how long it takes for the motor to shut off by itself. Time it.

See my sig for more information on the PowerMaster. You need to know how to take care of it. The first thing you need to do is get some clean fluid in there. Brake fluid is gold and transparent. Not brown and opaque.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Back