You can type here any text you want

Brake lines for rear axel?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TRICKSIXPA

East Coast Go fast with class club MAGNA!!!
Staff member
Does anybody make the reproduction lines that go across the rear axel to the drums? I really don't want to buy a straight line and have to bend them but I will if I have to. I don't need a whole brake line kit cause rest of the lines have been replaced.

Does anybody make the reproduction lines that go across the rear axel to the drums? I really don't want to buy a straight line and have to bend them but I will if I have to. I don't need a whole brake line kit cause rest of the lines have been replaced.

Classic tube makes the best repro stuff, just installed it on the wagons chassis. I have the old stuff off the car if you want it or want to use it to mock up a new hand made line. -Ed

You might want to check with Turbonut85. He made mine for me.

Did he just bend a straight tube or was it done like OEM. Was the price reasonable. Ed do you know if Classic tube sells just the rear lines. Their website just has the kits. Maybe I could call and see if they could just sell me the rear lines.

Did he just bend a straight tube or was it done like OEM. Was the price reasonable. Ed do you know if Classic tube sells just the rear lines. Their website just has the kits. Maybe I could call and see if they could just sell me the rear lines.

Classic will sell just the rear lines. Get the stainless ones

Yes tell them you have a Gn they will put you on with Tim I believe + 1 for stainless.

They were bent to match OEM. I think it cost me the equivalent of two large pizzas. :)

If Classic Tube can sell them separate, it's worth a call to see how much they are. I must have talked to the wrong person last summer because they told me the lines only come in kits.

Classic tube was great!! one of the salespersons did say they only sell as a kit. I asked for Tim
and he was able to get me the pieces individually. If It was the whole kit I needed I would have just called Glen at NOS4Gn. So I got the rear axel lines and the front master cyl lines all in SS. he said it would take about a week.

classic tube was great!! One of the salespersons did say they only sell as a kit. I asked for tim
and he was able to get me the pieces individually. If it was the whole kit i needed i would have just called glen at nos4gn. So i got the rear axel lines and the front master cyl lines all in ss. He said it would take about a week.

Sweet :)

Classic tube was great!! one of the salespersons did say they only sell as a kit. I asked for Tim
and he was able to get me the pieces individually. If It was the whole kit I needed I would have just called Glen at NOS4Gn. So I got the rear axel lines and the front master cyl lines all in SS. he said it would take about a week.

Nice Stefan. What was the price if you dont mind me asking? Thinking about doing the rear lines when i put the braided S/S rear hose in.

PM me if you want.

Thanks!

ScoJack

classic tube makes great lines. I've heard the ss is manderal bend, you may want to check that out. I got the aluminized ones. THey look great. I replaced all my lines except the turbo feed line and the tranny lines.

So much for that week I got them today UPS. That is quick!! They look amazing I can't wait to get the front lines in to pretty up the engine compartment. Rears will have to wait until I'm done painting under there.

I know I'm digging up and old thread, but for good reason!

After reading above, I contacted classic tube, 5 years after this thread (3/16/16), about the hardlines over the axle. I asked to speak with Tim and was connected with him instantly.

Bottom line extremely knowledgeable, excellent service and prebent stainless lines for a resonable price. They should be here next week.

Thanks for posting your opinion back in 2011 Stefan and others!

Sent from my Spaceship.

Could you please post some pictures when you receive these.
Delivered yesterday (ahead of expected ship date) they will require some minor manipulation but otherwise mock up well. More to follow after I install them tonight.

e4a8083ed8e512cc101a3053a4edae99.jpg

Sent from my Spaceship.

Back